* Yocto Project Status WW29`21
@ 2021-07-20 14:41 Stephen Jolley
From: Stephen Jolley @ 2021-07-20 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, openembedded-core

Current Dev Position: YP 3.4 M2

Next Deadline: 12th July 2021 YP 3.4 M2 build

Next Team Meetings:

*	Bug Triage meeting Thursday July 22nd at 7:30am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09>
https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09)
*	Monthly Project Meeting Tuesday Aug. 3rd at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09>
https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> )
*	Weekly Engineering Sync Tuesday July 20th at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09>
https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> )
*	Twitch -  See https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester

Key Status/Updates:

*	We plan to build M2 this week once we have pzstd included in the
buildtools tarball
*	Once M2 is built, 3.3.2 will follow into QA.
*	There are proposals to add lz4c, zstd and pzstd as required host
commands which we hope will allow better data archiving for license
information and possibly for bitbake hash debugging too.
*	There are proposals and discussions on the architecture list around
improving the syntax for overrides in the metadata. This would be a major
change of a type we haven't make in a while. The proposal includes the
option of allowing the syntax in older bitbake versions to make metadata
compatibility easier. Please comment on those discussions on the list if you
have opinions on this.
*	The prserv rewrite is still pending on resolving the issues with
python asyncio.
*	Intermittent issues are ongoing, particularly ptest ones. Help is
very much welcome on these issues. You can see the list of failures we're
continuing to see by searching for the "AB-INT" tag in bugzilla:
<https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT>
https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
*	The multiconfig changes in bitbake continue to cause problems, we
still need simpler test cases to reproduce issues rather than huge builds.
The existing patches seem to fix some workloads and break others and current
test cases are very slow to work with.

Ways to contribute:

*	There are bugs identified as possible for newcomers to the project:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers
*	There are bugs that are currently unassigned for YP 3.4. See:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.4_Unassigned_Enha
ncements.2FBugs>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.4_Unassigned_Enhan
cements.2FBugs
*	We'd welcome new maintainers for recipes in OE-Core. Please see the
list at:
<http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/mai
ntainers.inc>
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/main
tainers.inc and discuss with the existing maintainer, or ask on the OE-Core
mailing list. We will likely move a chunk of these to "Unassigned" soon to
help facilitate this.

YP 3.4 Milestone Dates:

*	YP 3.4 M2 build date 2021/07/12
*	YP 3.4 M2 Release date 2021/07/23
*	YP 3.4 M3 build date 2021/08/23 (Feature Freeze)
*	YP 3.4 M3 Release date 2021/09/03
*	YP 3.4 M4 build date 2021/10/04
*	YP 3.4 M4 Release date 2021/10/29

Planned upcoming dot releases:

*	YP 3.3.2 build date 2021/07/19
*	YP 3.3.2 release date 2021/07/30
*	YP 3.1.10 build date 2021/07/26
*	YP 3.1.10 release date 2021/08/06
*	YP 3.1.11 build date 2021/09/13
*	YP 3.1.11 release date 2021/9/24

Tracking Metrics:

*	WDD 2653 (last week 2658) (
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
*	OE-Core/Poky Patch Metrics

*	Total patches found: 1287 (last week 1284)
*	Patches in the Pending State: 483 (38%) [last week 480 (37%)]

The Yocto Project's technical governance is through its Technical Steering
Committee, more information is available at:

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Program Manager

*    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:              sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com>