On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 11:28, Jamie Risk wrote: > Is there a way I can mount mylinux box (say from a bootable ISO image I'd > make) to reset the root user password and not goof up the other accounts > that I've been so happily been using? if you boot of a boot disk and type: Linux 1 (IIRC) you should be dumped to a shell. From there, it's as simple as passwd and enter your new root password. -- Christopher Mann Systems Administrator Stonebridge Bank cmann@stonebridgebank.com *This email has been digitally signed using GnuPG.*