All of lore.kernel.org
From: Eric Leblond <eric@regit.org>
To: netfilter@lists.netfilter.org
Subject: Re: Public Webserver behind IPtables Router
Date: 18 Jul 2003 23:50:11 +0200	[thread overview]

Le ven 18/07/2003 à 23:41, thomas krause a écrit :
> Hello , i tried to set up an IPTables Router for my Webserver. All
> hosts have has an official IP Adress. The eth0 of the Router is in
> iptables -P FORWARD DROP
> iptables -A FORWARD -s 0.0.0.0/0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
>
> iptables -P OUTPUT ALLOW
>
> Will this work ? O.K. Iam a Newbie but i will learn !

No, you just authorize packet to port 80 and what happened to return
packet to have this working you have to add a rules using STATE, ie
accept all packet of the connection (and in particular response packet)
:
	iptables -P FORWARD DROP
	iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
	iptables -A FORWARD -s 0.0.0.0/0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
BR,

--
Eric Leblond <eric@regit.org>