Hi! Just wanted to let you know that on my System (Debian Sid, Kernel 2.6.0-test1-mm2, .config attached) I get sound-skips with all recent Kernels (tested 2.5.69 'til 2.6.0-test1-mm2). With each new version it gets better, but I still can produce audio-skips. For music-hearing-pleasure I use xmms, it plays .oggs, .mp3s. With .mp3s I potentially get more skips than with .oggs. The skips occur while switching desktops in Gnome 2.2 with many windows open, or while marking the Desktop drawn by Nautilus with it's nice-looking shading square, or while starting large apps like the Gimp or Mozilla. Intersting though is that I'm not able to produce audio-skips for Mod's (.mt2, .xm, .it) in xmms. A switch from X to a VC and back also reproducibly produces a ~1.5 seconds skip. System is as follows: Duron 1.3 256MB DDR-RAM Elitegroup K7S5A WDC WD800BB-00CAA0 Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI (rev 02) nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2 MX/MX 400] (rev a1) And no, Xfree is not reniced :) I'm not on the list, so pleas Cc me on reply. Although I'm periodically reading the archives. Can I help somehow? -- bye Lukas