Ok. I'd like to help with the ELKS website, and with the documentation. But my main interest is to help with development of the ELKS code. I have virtually no experience with the Linux development environment, but I do have experience in cross-development for embedded microprocessor systems (in DOS and Win32 environments) I am trying to follow the FAQ in setting up the environment so that I can compile the ELKS kernel, but have almost immediately run into a problem. The FAQ is telling me to install the Dev86 package in the root (/) directory. I don't want to do this, and I see no reason that I should have to. I would much rather do all of my cross development in my home directory, with my standard user privileges, not root privileges. I feel this would be much safer, especially since I already have some tools installed that have the same name as the Dev86 tools. I don't know where they came from, and I'd rather not clobber them. Is it possible to set up everything in ~/? If so, how is it done? What reasons are there for me NOT to do it that way? If I can't set up everything in ~/, please explain why? I will gladly update the ELKS FAQ with any answers you can give me. Respectfully, Phil