From: Joel Newkirk <firewalldude@newkirk.us>
To: tedkaz@optonline.net
Cc: netfilter@lists.netfilter.org
Subject: Re: udp/tcp port range rules for forward/input chains
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 02:27:12 -0400	[thread overview]

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 23:10, Ted Kaczmarek wrote:
> Digging around the only thing I found was a patch-o-matic that allowed
> for doing a range of 15 ports.
>
> I see many references with dnat and snat, but nothing besides the patch
> for input or forward chains.
>
> If anyone has a link that or info that can steer me in the right
> direction the beers are on me at the Javits Center Linux show.
>
> Thanks,
> Ted

Do you mean something like specifying tpc port 135 through 139 in a
single rule?

iptables -A INPUT -i $EXTIF -p tcp --dport 135:139 -j DROP

If you mean non-contiguous ports, you're looking at multiport:

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m mulitport --dport 21,25,80,110,143,443 -j
ACCEPT

Multiport is limited to 15 ports per rule.