On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 22:51 +0100, Ian Pratt wrote: > > You're right, it isn't difficult to check what is returned - > > provided you know what to expect. If you're new, however, to > > the API and unfamiliar with the fact that it returns the next > > domain in the line, you could hit what we just hit. We built > > an application to use the interface and our tests returned > > some odd behavior. We had to delve deeper to find out if this > > was correct or not. > > You're not the first person to be caught out by this -- I seem to recall > that xenctx forgets to do the domid check too. > > Passing a flag in to explicitly request that you want to iterate would > probably be an improvement to the interface. Instead of changing the interface and the applications, how about the following: If you request a specific domain id and it doesn't exist, you get back the expected result. If, however, you want a list of domains it works like it has been. Thanks, Dan Signed-off-by: dsteklof@us.ibm.com