On Donnerstag, 21. März 2013 14:24:59 NeilBrown wrote: > > Thanks! Unfortunately it is not as helpful as I hoped, but it does suggest > that "udevadm settle" does sometimes appear to misbehave even if there > aren't any problems with the md array. > > Could I ask for one more? > Prefix the "udevadm settle " command with > strace -o /tmp/udevadm.trace -s 500 > > (making sure that you have 'strace' installed) and then post the > "/tmp/udevadm.trace" file. Hopefully that will at least allow me to rule > out some possibilities. After reducing the timeout to 40 secs, we're able to catch a failure today with two degraded arrays: md0 and md1. Cheers, Pete