Hello everybody, I hope this is the right place to ask.. :-) I have an Acer Aspire 5550 laptop with Core Solo processor and the Intel ICH7 Chipset. Most of the hardware works fine, with the exception of suspend-to-ram. I have a strong suspicion that the SATA controller is to blame for that, as I have tried every possible combination of s2ram parameters and still the display stays black upon resume, only the hard disk LED lights up and stays that way. I have seen suggestions to try the ahci driver instead of the ata_piix driver, however, as far as I understand this would need switching the controller mode in BIOS. The BIOS is, unfortunately, utterly crippled and gives almost no options to change anything beyond the system clock. Is this a known problem with ICH7? Can anybody give me some additional hints? Thanks in advance, Yours, Florian P.S. I would have tried a serial console, however, this is a so-called legacy free laptop and I currently don't really know how to get one. I'm planning to try a USB-Serial-Converter next.