On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 12:45 -0500, Michael Wu wrote: > Okay then, let's not use fake frames then. :) > Let's make monitor interfaces > resemble monitoring ethernet a little more by reporting both RXed frames and > TXed frames. *BSD does this too and it makes running ethereal on monitor > interfaces much more useful. We do this right now afaik. > TX frame reporting can be done simply in the > ieee80211_tx_status call, allowing the TX status to be reported on real > frames. I don't quite understand this comment. TX status reporting should go via nl80211. > Doing this is actually somewhat orthogonal to packet injection via netlink or > monitor interface, but if we are reporting TXed frames with a radiotap > header, we might as well allow frame injection with a radiotap frame for > consistency. Well, it hasn't got much merit because for anything useful you'll need to get state information on nl80211. johannes