On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 13:14 -0500, Michael Wu wrote: > Where? I don't remember getting TX frames when running ethereal on a monitor > interface. Ok, maybe it's missing. I think I saw them, but not sure. They do show up on wmaster ;) > If we report TXed frames at the point when the driver calls > ieee80211_tx_status, we know whether or not an ack was received. This > information can be added to the TX frame that is reported to the monitor > interface. Oh but do we really want to report them that late? I wouldn't think so. That would give us out-of-order issues wrt. the air... > I'm not sure what you mean. The program can get the configuration info it > needs from nl80211/cfg80211/WE and send/inject frames through the monitor > interface. Well, I guess I'm saying that wpa_supplicant shouldn't need the monitor iface at all since it wants just management frames and we should give those to it via netlink to avoid having to add more radiotap foo. johannes