Forwarding this for a user who is not subscribed. --- Hi, My M-Audio soundcard (ice1712) did not play nice with qemu's alsa output since it only accepted S32_LE. I asked some weirdo who has nothing better to do at 6:50 AM in the #qemu channel on freenode for help, and he wrote the attached patch. I've patched this against CVS and also against 0.8.2 with some manual code hacking (different line offsets), and hereby kindly request that someone knowledgeable takes a look at it so it can be committed. Thanks in advance; the patch is attached. Regards, infernix