* [Bluez-users] installing latest bluez on edgy?
@ 2007-02-11 20:19 tim culwins
From: tim culwins @ 2007-02-11 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

is there a binary i can dl?

or a tutorial on compiling?

Thanks

also i frequently have to type:

dbus-send --system --dest=org.bluez /org/bluez/hci0
org.bluez.Adapter.SetMode string:discoverable

is there a way to make it so i dont have to type this
all the time?

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html

* Re: [Bluez-users] installing latest bluez on edgy?
@ 2007-02-12 19:36 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2007-02-12 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Hi Tim,

> is there a binary i can dl?
>
> or a tutorial on compiling?

not that I know of. However it is straight forward and you should check
the README of the source first.

> also i frequently have to type:
>
> dbus-send --system --dest=org.bluez /org/bluez/hci0
> org.bluez.Adapter.SetMode string:discoverable
>
> is there a way to make it so i dont have to type this
> all the time?

This has been extensively discussed. Check the mailing list archive or
use the configuration applet from bluez-gnome.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: [Bluez-users] installing latest bluez on edgy?
@ 2007-02-17  1:50   ` tim culwins
From: tim culwins @ 2007-02-17  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

can you tell me what repository i can find bluez-gnome
in for ubuntu edgy?

and also how i launch the applet?

thanks

--- Marcel Holtmann <marcel@holtmann.org> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> > is there a binary i can dl?
> >
> > or a tutorial on compiling?
>
> not that I know of. However it is straight forward
> and you should check
> the README of the source first.
>
> > also i frequently have to type:
> >
> > dbus-send --system --dest=org.bluez
> /org/bluez/hci0
> > org.bluez.Adapter.SetMode string:discoverable
> >
> > is there a way to make it so i dont have to type
> this
> > all the time?
>
> This has been extensively discussed. Check the
> mailing list archive or
> use the configuration applet from bluez-gnome.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

> Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support
> web services, security?
> Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated
> technology to make your job easier.
> Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1
> based on Apache Geronimo

Get your own web address.

* Re: [Bluez-users] installing latest bluez on edgy?
@ 2007-02-17 10:45     ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2007-02-17 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Hi Tim,

> can you tell me what repository i can find bluez-gnome
> in for ubuntu edgy?

it might in the package bluez-passkey-gnome or something similar. Check
with apt-cache for it. I can't remember, but it exists.

> and also how i launch the applet?

You don't have to. It will be automatically started when you log into
your GNOME desktop.

Regards

Marcel