* [Bluez-users] Help needed for setting up multiple connection using single bluetooth adapter
@ 2007-02-19  9:28 siddhant tewari
From: siddhant tewari @ 2007-02-19  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

hi Marcel,

   I have already posted few mails regarding before ,also tried different
things at my end  , but things didnt went anywhere. Now setting up and using
this feature has become a necessity for my project so i would be making more
effort from now on.

The first question that i have is  ---- What is the procedure for doing such
a thing , till now what i have tried can be summarized as below :-

i) Fork two different processes.

ii) For each process establish RFCOMM connection via socket call.

iii) For each RFCOMM port perform OBEX_PUSH by registering a custom
protocol.

The above method works fine for single process but when in multiply process
mode few unexpected things happen which are :-

i) Sometimes one process waits for the other to get completed.
ii) One of the processes errors out.

Also in previous mail u mentioned i should inquire whether my adapter
supports such a feature. I have a adapter that is bluetooth version 2
compliant , does that guarantee that it supports multiple connections and is
there some bluez query that can find out whether my adapter supports such
features.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Waiting for reply.

regards
siddhant

* Re: [Bluez-users] Help needed for setting up multiple connection using single bluetooth adapter
@ 2007-02-19 10:45 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2007-02-19 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Hi Siddhant,

>    I have already posted few mails regarding before ,also tried
> different things at my end  , but things didnt went anywhere. Now
> setting up and using this feature has become a necessity for my
> project so i would be making more effort from now on.
>
> The first question that i have is  ---- What is the procedure for
> doing such a thing , till now what i have tried can be summarized as
> below :-
>
> i) Fork two different processes.
>
> ii) For each process establish RFCOMM connection via socket call.
>
> iii) For each RFCOMM port perform OBEX_PUSH by registering a custom
> protocol.
>
> The above method works fine for single process but when in multiply
> process mode few unexpected things happen which are :-
>
> i) Sometimes one process waits for the other to get completed.
> ii) One of the processes errors out.

first of all run "hcidump -X -V" to see what actually happens with the
Bluetooth adapter and second, you have to get the forking and process
handling right. Otherwise you better use an event loop.

Regards

Marcel