On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 09:11 +0200, Sylvain Munaut wrote: > I had a look at sound/aoa/soundbus/i2sbus/i2sbus-core.c , which is the > only part of aoa with of_device_id and I see that it uses the > MODULE_ALIAS directly : > MODULE_ALIAS("of:Ni2sTi2sC"); > instead of using > MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE(of, i2sbus_match); > and letting modpost do the job. Because that module alias is not the one > that's gonna be generated by modpost. Can you elaborate on that for me? If that's the incorrect thing to do I should probably change that :) johannes