On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 12:18 +0100, Andy Green wrote: > Well, the actual injection action is happening in mac80211. I think > you're looking at it as a cfg80211 wext-replacing type thing and I am > looking at it as completely generic mac80211 packet injection from > userspace. Yeah. Don't worry about it. We can move it later and define it for cfg80211 when we introduce the userspace mlme stuff. > > Drop all that, it's generic radiotap description. Put it into another > > file if you want. > > This kind of description makes documentation useful to the reader, who > may never have heard of radiotap (it is not very visible in Google right > now in a useful way). Maybe just stick it into a radiotap file and refer to that? I'm just a bit worried that it'll get outdated because somebody looking for radiotap stuff won't find it here when updating. Not sure it can even get outdated though. > It's ~380 lines. It also knows how to conjure up management interfaces. > I can chop it down and put it in here if you feel it is important. It's probably easy enough to write from the docs so probably not really necessary. I think when I wrote this I was offline so couldn't actually check out the demo program ;) > I appreciate the comments, but I am 100% sure that some correct > documentation that may be over-chatty is better than no documentation at > all. After hesitating and starting to change it I left it as it is, if > you still feel these things are important comment in that direction > again on the new patch and I will grit my teeth and change it. No, don't take me too seriously. I appreciate documentation I may not agree with in all points much more than the lack thereof :) johannes