Hi Ahmad-san, Could you please try the version 2 patch attached for the error case? This version is to check the DQ true data 0xFF by chip_good(). But I am not sure if this works or not since the error is possible to be caused by Hi-Z 0xff on floating bus or etc. On 2022/02/15 3:46, Tokunori Ikegami wrote: > Hi Ahmad-san, > > On 2022/02/15 1:22, Ahmad Fatoum wrote: >> Hello Tokunori-san, >> >> On 13.02.22 17:47, Tokunori Ikegami wrote: >>> Hi Ahmad-san, >>> >>> Thanks for your confirmations. Sorry for late to reply. >> No worries. I appreciate you taking the time. >> >>> Could you please try the patch attached to disable the chip_good() >>> change as before? >>> I think this should work for S29GL964N since the chip_ready() is >>> used and works as mentioned. >> yes, this resolves my issue: >> Tested-by: Ahmad Fatoum > Thanks for your testing. I have just sent the patch to review. >> >>>>>> Doesn't seem to be a buffered write issue here though as the writes >>>>>> did work fine before dfeae1073583. Any other ideas? >>>>> At first I thought the issue is possible to be resolved by using >>>>> the word write instead of the buffered writes. >>>>> Now I am thinking to disable the changes dfeae1073583 partially >>>>> with any condition if possible. >>>> What seems to work for me is checking if chip_good or chip_ready >>>> and map_word is equal to 0xFF. I can't justify why this is ok though. >>>> (Worst case bus is floating at this point of time and Hi-Z is read >>>> as 0xff on CPU data lines...) >>> Sorry I am not sure about this. >>> I thought the chip_ready() itself is correct as implemented as the >>> data sheet in the past. >>> But it did not work correctly so changed to use chip_good() instead >>> as it is also correct. >> What exactly in the datasheet makes you believe chip_good is not >> appropriate? > I just mentioned about the actual issue behaviors as not worked > chip_good() on S29GL964N and not worked chip_ready() on > MX29GL512FHT2I-11G before etc. > Anyway let me recheck the data sheet details as just checked it again > quickly but needed more investigation to understand. As far as I checked still both chip_good() and chip_ready() seem correct but still the root cause is unknown. If as you mentioned the issue was cased by the DQ true data 0xFF I am not sure why the read work without any error after the write operation. Also if the error was caused by the Hi-Z 0xff on floating bus as mentioned I am not sure why the read work without any error after the write operation with chip_ready(). Sorry anyway the root cause is also unknown when the write operation was changed to use chip_good() instead of chip_ready(). Regards, Ikegami > > Regards, > Ikegami > >> >> Cheers, >> Ahmad >> >>