From: Huy Cong Vu <huy-cong.vu@wandercraft.eu>
To: Gilles Chanteperdrix <gilles.chanteperdrix@xenomai.org>
Cc: xenomai@xenomai.org
Subject: Re: [Xenomai] Differents switch mode from differents Xenomai skin
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 17:41:26 +0100 (CET)	[thread overview]

----- Mail original -----

You are right, the error I got is error 7, i.e SIGDEBUG_RESCNT_IMBALANCE, knowing that I don't use a mutex in my app, so maybe it's still an unknown issue?

>> ./testcase_posix[0x401570]
>> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0xfcb0)[0x7f40ddb7acb0]
>> /usr/xenomai/lib/librtdm.so.1(rt_dev_sendmsg+0x16)[0x7f40dd5598f6]
>>
>> These 2 programs use the same functions call, compiled with same
>> flags (rtdm, native & posix mixed):
>
> Most likely, rt_dev_sendmsg is passed a non real-time socket. You
> can use either native or posix services to create and handle
> sockets, but you can not mix the call. It meansa socket created with
> rt_dev_socket (the native service) should be passed to
> rt_dev_sendmsg, whereas socket created with the posix service
> (socket) can only be passed to posix services (sendmsg). Is not it
> what is happening here?

So, does that means that my test in posix skin should not calls rt_dev_sendmsg?

>> The only different is the portion I mentioned above.
>
> Compiling for the xenomai skin causes changes in the services called
> even without changing the code. So, for instance, if you use the
> "socket" service, when compiling for the native skin, it will create
> a plain linux socket, whereas when compiled for the posix skin, it
> will try and create an RTDM socket.

Even after removing native c & ld flags, it keeps calling this native function, which is a strange behavior, no?

> To help you more, we would need more details, such as for instance a
> reduced, self-contained test case allowing us to reproduce the issue
> you observe.

I'm working on that one, will post it asap. Thanks for your help.

--
Huy Cong
Wandercraft SAS