On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 16:32 +0200, Tomas Winkler wrote: > IMHO Not the concept but the implementation of this function is wrong. I disagree. > It should be no implementation difference between mac notification and > reception of one RX frames that triggers oneof the connection step > such as association response. If this would be handled in this context > and there won't be any locking issue. > If driver crashes internally and lost association info it can generate > "local disassociation frame" and mac will try to reapply association > in a regular flow. The point is that the whole thing about disassociation is already the wrong assumption. As I've outlined, it only works in STA mode, and thus the function is generally not very useful. > I agree that resume/suspend shell be handled properly in the mac80211 > regardless of this issue. And it will handle the "firmware crashed" case perfectly too. johannes