On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 17:14 +0200, Tomas Winkler wrote: > > The point is that the whole thing about disassociation is already the > > wrong assumption. As I've outlined, it only works in STA mode, and thus > > the function is generally not very useful. > > > >> I agree that resume/suspend shell be handled properly in the mac80211 > >> regardless of this issue. > > > > And it will handle the "firmware crashed" case perfectly too. > > You may have a case, anyhow, please show us some RFC before you remove > of mac notify. I don't have any, but given the current deficiencies, I don't think the notify callback is worth keeping especially in light of the locking nightmare it's creating. What does it fix anyway? No user ever complained about slow re-association at resume time that I've heard, and no driver but iwlwifi tries to speed it up. johannes