On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 07:35 -0800, Justin P. Mattock wrote: > Is there quite possibly another > Graphics module you can plug-in, > Just to see By module, do you mean software or hardware? I have to assume you mean software as this is a laptop. But I don't know what other module I could use. The graphics chip is a: 00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03) Maybe I'm just completely mis-understanding you. BTW, FWIW, this problem happens without an X server even. Just plain console driver. b.