On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 12:07 -0500, Bob Copeland wrote: > On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 11:45:06 -0500, Dan Williams wrote > > You still want to tell NM to go to sleep so it doesn't see the > > disconnection from the supplicant (triggered by the driver because it > > was going to sleep), and thus try to reconnect, or try a different AP. > > Well, I tried it without the hack and it works (connection stays up > over a short suspend period). This is with the new mac80211 suspend > patches, where suspend/resume looks like this: > > suspend: > suspend userspace (freezes NM) > save bssid, keys etc > if wlan0 up > ifdown wlan0 (note NM is already frozen) > power down hw > > resume: > power up hw > if wlan0 was up > ifup wlan0 > reload config, bssid, ... > resume userspace > > However, _with_ the current procedure of telling NM to go to sleep, it > tries to reconnect after resume because NM takes care of downing the > interfaces. As a result mac80211 never gets the chance to save the > state of the running interfaces. You mean restore? Does that mean there's a race condition now, between userspace config and the resume stuff? Can't we fix that by taking the rtnl? johannes