Hi! Just had this idea -- when our networking interfaces are UP, but not actually doing anything, the RF chains consume power. This is, often, the default state, since you'll have your wifi on due to NM wanting to find APs, but not associated, for example when on the road. Sure, you can manually turn it off, but... However, it doesn't seem necessary. When we are not associated to an AP, and there are no extra interfaces in mac80211 active like monitor interfaces, it seems that we could very well turn off the radio while not scanning. It would be entirely trivial for mac80211 to do this, probably a 20 line patch or so (need some bookkeeping about why radio is disabled so it's not just four lines). Thoughts? johannes