On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 09:49 -0400, Theodore Tso wrote: > On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 02:42:25PM +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote: > > > > Obviously this doesn't solve the debian/control problem - that would > > require generating it with/without the libblkid parts depending on > > target distro. > > One of the things I need to look at, but maybe you know off-hand, is > whether the debian/rules can safely modify debian/control file. I > haven't looked deeply into the underbelly of how dpkg-buildpackage and > its descendents work to know whether or not that can be done safely. > If not, we might have to have a separate shell script which is run > manually that adjusts debian/control and debian/rules file. That > would be annoying/unfortunate, but doable. > I humbly submit the following two patches: Scott -- Scott James Remnant scott@ubuntu.com