On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 14:51 -0600, Grant Likely wrote: > On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 10:03 AM, David H. Lynch Jr. wrote: > > Is there an example somewhere that shows building a device tree on > > the fly ? > > > > As our products move forward it becomes increasingly clear that > > static configurations are not going to work. > To use device tree with partial reconfiguration would require rework > to the device tree infrastructure to prune and graft portions of the > device tree. I think it is possible, but it is non-trivial to get > working. arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/reconfig.c Not pretty, but it does more or less what you're talking about. Would need some work to get it going on !pseries obviously. cheers