On Sun, 2009-09-27 at 00:57 +0100, Hin-Tak Leung wrote: > I suppose (together with some of the newly added printk you mentioned > could be removed in the final version) the dmesg messages are somewhat > confusing, because as a user, I would rather have a deauth message > that's actually associated with a user action (e.g. if I switch AP or > rfkill). Is it possible to distinguish situation where a user action > is involved versus one that isn't? or is the distinction between any > consequence of 'user-action' vs wpa_supplicant doing-it-on-its-own too > much buried down in the layers? Yeah, it'd be nice to avoid that completely. Or even just avoid telling the driver, maybe with some delay akin iwcommit. Alas, I haven't looked at it yet and right now it seems to just be a message (and possibly a deauth frame) johannes