On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 01:17 +0200, Maxim Levitsky wrote: > > There should be no need for doing both disassoc and deauth; just send > > deauth only if that is needed. This will save one extra frame > > transmission and speeds up roaming a bit. > > > > Though, is this enough to handle the roaming cases where wpa_supplicant > > may not try to send either disassociation or deauthentication? > Currently wpa_supplicant sends only disassociation. > deauthentication is send only in rare cases, usually due to [suspected] > authentication error. > Other that that I don't know, what I need is a clear statement about how > things should work that is: > > > * Should kernel allow authentication while in authenticated? I guess yes > To same AP? To different APs? It does allow it to different APs (up to 3/4 at a time), but not to the same AP -- I plan on fixing the latter case. > * What should kernel do if it done authentication to several APs?, but > not association. > should it timeout, or let wpa_suplicant do it? > Currently it allows 4 (or 3) such APs, and then then bugs out with > -ENOSPC IMHO it should not make the decision on how long authentications are valid. Any such value might be wrong if wpa_supplicant is really slow, say it's swapped out. > * Should kernel allow scanning while in authenticated but not associated > case? > I have send patch to do so, I hope it will be accepted. I don't think it should, and as such don't think I want to accept the patch. You need to make a much much better case for it if you want me to accept it. I see no reason to ever be in a situation where there are authentications (that aren't either killed off or used to associate) for a long enough period of time for it to make sense to scan in that time. johannes