On 6/3/22 19:02, Alejandro Colomar wrote: > Hi David! > > On 5/31/22 11:10, David Hildenbrand wrote: > > BTW, the git repository [1] was last updated 2021-09-02. One of my > > patches [2] was apparently picked up (reply via mail) but doesn't appear > > in that repository. > > > > Is the project currently dead/unmaintained or am I just staring at the > > wrong repository? > > > > [1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/docs/man-pages/man-pages.git > > [2] https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20210823120645.8223-1-david@redhat.com > > > > Your patch has been applied here: > > > > The project is maintained, but the git repository is unmaintained. > I keep reviewing and applying patches in my personal git repository, but > I don't have access to kernel.org yet, so the official sites are > unmaintained.  And of course, that also means no releases since 5.13. > > I'm not very concerned about this, since in essence, a fork of the > manual pages is still very well maintained on my server, and free for > anyone interested in reading up-to-date pages.  And since I do this on a > hobby basis (my company doesn't pay me to do this at all), I don't care > at all about not having released in almost a year now.  That's more of a > problem for distros and companies, which need releases.  For > individuals, I recommend getting a copy of my manual pages' git repo and > `make install`. > > I applied recently for a kernel.org account, so maybe the official repo > can be maintained again soon.  Still, I don't expect releasing soon even > if I get access to kernel.org and can update the git repo.  I need to > learn how to do a release properly before I'll release a new version, > and that will take a lot more effort and time from my side than updating > the repo. > > Thanks for your patience! BTW, I just released a signed git tag in my repo, to make it a bit more secure to know that you're getting my manual pages, and not some MITM fake stuff. My PGP key is signed by mtk. Only trust it if it has his signature. I'm attaching it in this email, so that it can be found in the list (I'm having some issue with the keyserver). Cheers, Alex -- Alejandro Colomar