From: Andy Walls <awalls@radix.net>
To: Devin Heitmueller <dheitmueller@kernellabs.com>
Cc: ivtv-devel@ivtvdriver.org, linux-media@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: cx18: Reprise of YUV frame alignment improvements
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 18:39:33 -0500	[thread overview]

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 12:57 -0500, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 8:49 PM, Andy Walls <awalls@radix.net> wrote:
> > Of course that's all speculation about the problem.  If you could
> > reproduce the condition and then
> >
> > # echo 271 > /sys/modules/cx18/parameters/debug
>
> Hi Andy,
>
> Thanks for the additional info.  I had to tear down my HVR-1600 test
> rig to finish the em28xx PAL support

So I read -- Looks good!

>  (using a PVR-350 and the CD of
> PAL VBI samples you were very kind in sending me), but I should be
> able to get back to this early next week.

Take your time.  I've got plenty of other problems. ;)

BTW, I did a quick skim of your cx18-alsa stuff.  I noticed two things:

1.  A memory leak in an error path:

http://www.kernellabs.com/hg/~dheitmueller/hvr-1600-alsa-2/rev/cb267593943f#l85

2.  Technically open_id should probably be changed to an atomic type and
atomic_inc() used:

http://www.kernellabs.com/hg/~dheitmueller/hvr-1600-alsa-2/rev/cb267593943f#l80

Under normal use it will likely never matter though, but perhaps someone
could use it as a possible exploit.

I'll try and give the code a good review and test sometime this weekend.
I just wanted to let you know about those minor bugs before I forgot.

Regards,
Andy