On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 15:58 +0100, Jaroslav Kysela wrote: > On Thu, 7 Jan 2010, John Sauter wrote: > > > Mr. Kysela, > > > > I have some patches to aplay to make it more useful for audio > > surveillance. I have submitted the patches to the devel mailing list > > for comment here: > > . > > > > I have received no negative comments, so I would like to propose these > > patches for inclusion in mainline. What is the procedure for submitting > > patches for alsa-util? > > Could you, please, a bit clean up your patch? > > - There are a lot of "if (pidfile_written) remove (pidfile_name)" lines. > It would be better to create another function like prg_exit() and add > this code there. > > - Many C expressions are not splitted to more lines: > "if (max_file_size && (rest > max_file_size)) rest = max_file_size;" > > - Check all conditions. Use && and || operators instead bit-like AND (&) > and OR (|). Like "if (filecount | use_strftime) {" etc. > > - I would also appreciate, if you can split '--process-id-file' code > changes and rest of implementation to two standalone patches for more > easier review. Also, your patch contains some "space/tab replacements" - > it might be moved to another patch too. > > Thanks, > Jaroslav > Thank you, Jaroslav. I will make those changes and re-submit. John Sauter (John_Sauter@systemeyescomputerstore.com)