On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 10:18 -0800, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote: > > Yes, since 0 is nonsensical, we would use 1 instead. > > OK -- it seems we have a consensus waiting for a beacon would be good, > but it would be good to have something in for stable. Is the patch Guy > posted acceptable for that purpose? That is, merge this for now until > we get beacon wait implemented prior to association. Not sure we even need it in stable that badly? It seems it only hurts power consumption somewhat. And I just implemented waiting today too. Although Bob has a point, we could change the way we pass the DTIM period to the driver, only pass it in the powersave callbacks, and then we could associate without it and just enable powersave only after receiving a beacon. That assumes that drivers don't use it for anything else though, of course, but I don't see anything else you could use it for really. johannes