On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 15:32 +0200, Avi Kivity wrote: > On 03/02/2010 04:36 AM, Anthony Liguori wrote: > >> I keep a patch in the SUSE version for quite some time now that bumps > >> the default to 384 for qemu-kvm. That was the first "round" number > >> where an openSUSE installation worked. > > > > If someone works up a patch and tests at least a couple types of > > guests to confirm that they all install with that number, I'd be happy > > to apply it (although we need some trickery to support older pc > > versions). > > We should avoid changing defaults. I don't think in this case it > matters, since everyone specifies -m anyway, but as a general rule > changing defaults = breakage for the unwary. At least make the default > part of the machine type to preserve compatibility. In that case, Alex, where can I find your +384M patch, because I'd like to carry the same one in Ubuntu... Dustin