From: "Michel Dänzer" <michel@daenzer.net>
To: jjDaNiMoTh <jjdanimoth@gmail.com>
Cc: linuxppc-dev@ozlabs.org, xorg-driver-ati@lists.x.org
Subject: Re: 2.6.35-rc4 ppc crash when loading radeon modeset=1
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 18:09:56 +0200	[thread overview]

On Die, 2010-07-13 at 18:02 +0200, jjDaNiMoTh wrote:=20
> 2010/7/13 Michel D=C3=A4nzer <michel@daenzer.net>:
> > What does the log file contain with modeset=3D1?
>=20
> We have no message, after the X.org freeze.
>=20
> messages.log:
> [...]
> Jul 13 17:11:01 jim kernel: [drm] Num pipes: 1
> Jul 13 17:13:39 jim kernel: Using PowerMac machine description
>=20
> (we have rebooted)
>=20
> In Xorg.0.log there aren't information after the crash, only a right star=
tup.

Are you looking at the right log file, not the one from the new X server
after the reboot?

Maybe you could post the full dmesg, Xorg.0.log and X server stderr
output (should be captured in the gdm/kdm log file) from trying with
modeset=3D1.

> At this time, I think it isn't a kernel problem, am I right?

With modeset=3D1 it most likely is a kernel (configuration) problem.

--=20
Earthling Michel D=C3=A4nzer           |                http://www.vmware.c=
om