* dund
@ 2010-09-11 18:45 Ivan Baidakou
From: Ivan Baidakou @ 2010-09-11 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi All,

There was DUN daemon in bluez 2.x, but in current version it moved to
old daemons and considered deprecated. If I understand correctly its
aim is simple to launch pppd on incoming connection.

Is is possible to reach the same behaviour via current implementation
without dund? Currently I do need dund to sync my Palm with desktop; I
performed internet search and found not any solution.

Thanks for helping.

Best regards,
Ivan Baidakou

* Re: dund
@ 2010-09-11 23:26 ` Bastien Nocera
From: Bastien Nocera @ 2010-09-11 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Baidakou; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

On 11 Sep 2010, at 19:45, Ivan Baidakou <the.dmol@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> There was DUN daemon in bluez 2.x, but in current version it moved to
> old daemons and considered deprecated. If I understand correctly its
> aim is simple to launch pppd on incoming connection.
>
> Is is possible to reach the same behaviour via current implementation
> without dund? Currently I do need dund to sync my Palm with desktop; I
> performed internet search and found not any solution.

Gnome-pilot and pilot-link both support native Bluetooth connections.

Cheers

* Re: dund
@ 2010-09-12  8:44   ` Ivan Baidakou
From: Ivan Baidakou @ 2010-09-12  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien Nocera; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

---=== reply ===---

You haven't real experience, right? In any case I don't know how to do
it: in the official pilot-link guide there is need to establish TCP
connection to sync (http://howto.pilot-link.org/bluesync/gb.html), and
to establish it they recommend to launch dund
(http://howto.pilot-link.org/bluesync/ga.html).

That's why I do ask here, what thing in new bluez can replace the
deprecated dund?

Best regards,
Ivan Baidakou

@ 2010-09-12 14:37     ` Vladimir Botka
From: Vladimir Botka @ 2010-09-12 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Baidakou; +Cc: Bastien Nocera, linux-bluetooth

On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:44:11 +0300
Ivan Baidakou <the.dmol@gmail.com> wrote:

> You haven't real experience, right?

I have.

# pilot-xfer -p bt:00:07:E0:B3:DD:03 -l

   Listening for incoming connection on bt:00:07:E0:B3:DD:03... connected!

   Reading list of databases in RAM...
   AdditDVSData
   ADD050SData
   AdditSystemSData
<snip>

Cheers,
	-vlado

* Re: dund
@ 2010-09-12 14:45       ` Bastien Nocera
From: Bastien Nocera @ 2010-09-12 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth; +Cc: Ivan Baidakou

On Sun, 2010-09-12 at 16:37 +0200, Vladimir Botka wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:44:11 +0300
> Ivan Baidakou <the.dmol@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You haven't real experience, right?
>
> I have.

And so have I, I got the patch upstream into pilot-link, and helped get
the gnome-pilot support integrated.

* Re: dund
@ 2010-09-13 20:47       ` Ivan Baidakou
From: Ivan Baidakou @ 2010-09-13 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Botka; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hello,

OK, thanks, it solves the synchronization problem, but this is a
particular solution because it doesn't handles such cases as
web-browsing, ftp-uploading (Palm serves as FTP-server for convenient
file uploading from common desktop software) etc. So, there is need to
DUN-functionality. DUNd is deprecated, what comes instead of?

Best regards,
Ivan Baidakou