Hi Raji, just a friendly reminder here to not do top posting. We are not allowing this on an open source mailing list. It is a good way of actually getting ignored ;) > What is the call history agent idea? Can you explain clearly? It is like the SIM Toolkit agent, the PIN agent in BlueZ. Read the documentation and the examples. It is really simple. In the end an agent is a callback interface inside the UI or an application outside of oFono. It is were oFono asks for further information or were it relays information to. In this case the call history information. The agent design has the advantage the oFono knows when an agent is present and when not. So until no agent is present it can spool the history to disk. And once an agent becomes available replay it to the agent. > When the client is up, is the history plug-in sends data instead of any signal? How about acknowledgement for data delivery especially when we are sending data cached on disk? The agent are like callbacks. They are D-Bus method calls. The acknowledgment is implicit here with the method return or error in case of problems. > If we forefeit the memory mapped idea, is the plugin writing & reading directly from the file? I personally would just write to the file. However if you wanna do memory mapped file in round-robin fashion, then that works as well. However in case of round-robin files you need to think about the memory layout of your file. > I will send out a simple algorithm once I understand what you are proprosing and once we are on the same page I will implement that and send you the patch. Send a D-Bus API document first. See the SIM Toolkit API for an example. > Can I send the patch with is developer tested code? Does it need to be tested by QA? You can even send non-working or non-complete code for review at any time. Just mark them as RFC (request for comments). Regards Marcel