Hi Denis, On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 09:14 -0600, ext Denis Kenzior wrote: > > does it really matter in the end? It gets read once and after that we > > are caching it on disk anyway. > > > > Of course it does, while SIM is initializing everything else is blocked. > Once we're in sim ready you can have n atoms initializing at the same > time. On good hardware with proper muxing that can shave tremendous > amount of time off your startup cost. I agree. There is also this weird corner case when the SIM has no SPN available. AFAIK, a failed read isn't cached, so bootstrapping that particular SIM will incur a penalty every single time for information that isn't even available, as opposed to the GPRS atom incurring it just once during its lifetime. That reminds me, I think there are SIMs out there that use the CPHS ONS instead of SPN, and these can be used interchangeably. Jukka, don't you actually also need the ONS? Cheers, Aki > Regards, > -Denis > _______________________________________________ > ofono mailing list > ofono(a)ofono.org > http://lists.ofono.org/listinfo/ofono