Dear Valerio, please adhere to the netiquette [1] and use interleaved style [2]. Am Freitag, den 08.04.2011, 10:38 +0200 schrieb Valerio tesei: > I spent a little time reading sound documentation but doesn't find anything > about how to apply a patch to snd-hda-intel, but it is needed? there is no > an "patch auto detect"? i enable the patch option in HDA-Intel kernel > config, this WE i will study more, Takashi could you please give me > documentation about patch applying? You have to apply the patch file using the following command. patch -p1 < /path/to/patch/file I think Takashi put a diff in his message. Just copy those lines into a file and apply it like above from the top source directory. If you have a patch created using `git format-patch` you can simply apply that using `git am /path/to/patch`. […] I hope that helps and I am sorry that I cannot answer the other questions. Thanks, Paul [1] http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mailing_list_netiquette [2] https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Posting_style#Interleaved_style