* xm/xl block-detach issue
@ 2011-07-09 14:34 Sébastien Riccio
From: Sébastien Riccio @ 2011-07-09 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Hi dear list,

I'm using xen 4.1.1 (built from tar.gz) with 2.6.39.2 kernel + blkback
module and I'm getting into an issue trying to detach a block device
from a domain.

What I did:

root@mybox:~# vhd-util create -s 50000 -n /cloud/data2/machines/vm1.vhd
root@mybox:~# xl block-attach 0 tap:vhd:/cloud/local/vm1.vhd xvda rw 0

everything fine, xvda shows up in the dom0 and I can access it.

Now i want to detach it to reattach it to another domain:

root@mybox:~# xl block-list 0
Vdev  BE  handle state evt-ch ring-ref BE-path
51728 0   0      4     99     8        /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/0/51728

root@mybox:~# xl block-detach 0 51728
Error: Device 51728 not connected
Usage: xm block-detach <Domain> <DevId> [-f|--force]

Destroy a domain's virtual block device.

game over :(

Any idea what could be wrong ? Bug ?

Thanks in advance for your advices.

--
Sébastien

* Re: xm/xl block-detach issue
@ 2011-07-09 17:28 ` Sébastien Riccio
From: Sébastien Riccio @ 2011-07-09 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel, dmeyer

On 09.07.2011 16:34, Sébastien Riccio wrote:
> Hi dear list,
>
> I'm using xen 4.1.1 (built from tar.gz) with 2.6.39.2 kernel + blkback
> module and I'm getting into an issue trying to detach a block device
> from a domain.
>
> What I did:
>
> root@mybox:~# vhd-util create -s 50000 -n /cloud/data2/machines/vm1.vhd
> root@mybox:~# xl block-attach 0 tap:vhd:/cloud/local/vm1.vhd xvda rw 0
>
> everything fine, xvda shows up in the dom0 and I can access it.
>
> Now i want to detach it to reattach it to another domain:
>
> root@mybox:~# xl block-list 0
> Vdev  BE  handle state evt-ch ring-ref BE-path
> 51728 0   0      4     99     8
> /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/0/51728
>
> root@mybox:~# xl block-detach 0 51728
> Error: Device 51728 not connected
> Usage: xm block-detach <Domain> <DevId> [-f|--force]
>
> Destroy a domain's virtual block device.
>
> game over :(
>
> Any idea what could be wrong ? Bug ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your advices.
>
> --
> Sébastien

Additions to my previous post:

As I can't detach the block device, the only way (i found) to get rid of
it is
to reboot the xen host, but it's not acceptable for a near production
system.

I've tried other ways to do what I wished to do (mount a vhd file as a block
device in dom0 in order to be able to fdisk, format it and inject files
in it.

Try no 2)

The readme of blktap2 that is shipped with xen 4.1.1 tar.gz says:

-----8<--------------------------------------8<---------------------------------
Mounting images in Dom0 using the blktap2 driver
Tap (and blkback) disks are also mountable in Dom0 without requiring an
active VM to attach.

The syntax is -
   tapdisk2 -n <type>:<full path to file>

For example -
   tapdisk2  -n aio:/home/images/rawFile.img

When successful the location of the new device will be provided by
tapdisk2 to stdout and tapdisk2 will terminate.  From that point
forward control of the device is provided through sysfs in the
directory-

   /sys/class/blktap2/blktap#/

Where # is a blktap2 device number present in the path that tapdisk2
printed before terminating.  The sysfs interface is largely intuitive,
for example, to remove tap device 0 one would-

   echo 1 > /sys/class/blktap2/blktap0/remove
-----8<--------------------------------------8<---------------------------------

So let's try:

mybox# tapdisk2 -n vhd:/cloud/data2/machines/vm1.vhd
tapdisk2: invalid option -- 'n'
usage: tapdisk2 <-u uuid> <-c control socket>

Huh ? Seems it's no way either that path. Is it a bug or the README
is an outdated one ?

I've googled around trying to find a solution and it found out about
tap-ctl,
with examples i found here:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/84223

Okay it's not as easy as a one-line command that the README shows about
tapdisk2,
but I have a find a way, so let's go :)

mybox# tap-ctl allocate
mybox# tap-ctl spawn
mybox# tap-ctl list
mybox# tap-ctl attach -p 2546 -m 0
mybox# tap-ctl list
mybox# tap-ctl open -p 2546 -m -o -a vhd:/cloud/data2/machines/vm1.vhd

Ok seems I can now fdisk the device

mybox# fdisk /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0

I've setup partition 1 and partition 2 with the scheme I wanted, wrote the
changes to it. Results:

Disk /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0: 52.4 GB, 52428800000 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 6374 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x440cbefb

                      Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks
Id  System
/dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0p1               1        6267    50339646
83  Linux
/dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0p2            6268        6374      859477+
82  Linux swap / Solaris

Good.

Now let's format /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0p1 and mount it so I can
inject the files in the partition:

mybox# mkfs.ext3 /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0p1
mke2fs 1.41.12 (17-May-2010)
Could not stat /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0p1 --- No such file or directory

The device apparently does not exist; did you specify it correctly?

Hmmm, seems that /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0p1 does not exists.

mybox# ls -la /dev/xen/blktap-2/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root     100 Jul  9 17:32 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root      80 Jul  9 17:17 ..
crw------- 1 root root 252,  0 Jul  9 17:32 blktap0
crw------- 1 root root  10, 62 Jul  9 17:17 control
brw------- 1 root root 254,  0 Jul  9 18:19 tapdev0

Indeed. Does not exists. Now I remember fdisk told be that it wasn't able to
make the kernel to be aware of the changes until I reboot or I use partprobe
or kpartx.

Let's go:

mybox# partprobe /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0
Error: Error informing the kernel about modifications to partition
/dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0p1 -- Invalid argument.  This means Linux won't
know about any changes you made to /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0p1 until you
reboot -- so you shouldn't mount it or use it in any way before rebooting.
Error: Failed to add partition 1 (Invalid argument)

hmm nope, let's go with partx :

mybox# partx -a /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0
BLKPG: Invalid argument
error adding partition 1
BLKPG: Invalid argument
error adding partition 2
BLKPG: Invalid argument
error adding partition 3
BLKPG: Invalid argument
error adding partition 4

Neither with partx and kpartx. I'm stuck again :(

Of course it's not an acceptable solution if I have to reboot the whole
xen host in order to be
able to access the partitions. (and I didn't even tried if it would
work, as the main goal was
to get around the xm block-detach problem I had at first).

I've no more ideas about what to try, any ideas, hints, advices ?

Thanks a lot,
Sébastien

* Re: xm/xl block-detach issue
@ 2011-07-10  9:05   ` Daniel Stodden
From: Daniel Stodden @ 2011-07-10  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Riccio; +Cc: dmeyer, xen-devel

On Sat, 2011-07-09 at 13:28 -0400, Sébastien Riccio wrote:
> On 09.07.2011 16:34, Sébastien Riccio wrote:
> > Hi dear list,
> >
> > I'm using xen 4.1.1 (built from tar.gz) with 2.6.39.2 kernel + blkback
> > module and I'm getting into an issue trying to detach a block device
> > from a domain.
> >
> > What I did:
> >
> > root@mybox:~# vhd-util create -s 50000 -n /cloud/data2/machines/vm1.vhd
> > root@mybox:~# xl block-attach 0 tap:vhd:/cloud/local/vm1.vhd xvda rw 0
> >
> > everything fine, xvda shows up in the dom0 and I can access it.
> >
> > Now i want to detach it to reattach it to another domain:
> >
> > root@mybox:~# xl block-list 0
> > Vdev  BE  handle state evt-ch ring-ref BE-path
> > 51728 0   0      4     99     8
> > /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/0/51728
> >
> > root@mybox:~# xl block-detach 0 51728
> > Error: Device 51728 not connected
> > Usage: xm block-detach <Domain> <DevId> [-f|--force]
> >
> > Destroy a domain's virtual block device.
> >
> > game over :(
> >
> > Any idea what could be wrong ? Bug ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your advices.
> >
> > --
> > Sébastien

> Additions to my previous post:
>
> As I can't detach the block device, the only way (i found) to get rid of
> it is
> to reboot the xen host, but it's not acceptable for a near production
> system.
>
> I've tried other ways to do what I wished to do (mount a vhd file as a block
> device in dom0 in order to be able to fdisk, format it and inject files
> in it.
>
> Try no 2)
>
> The readme of blktap2 that is shipped with xen 4.1.1 tar.gz says:
>
> -----8<--------------------------------------8<---------------------------------
> Mounting images in Dom0 using the blktap2 driver
> Tap (and blkback) disks are also mountable in Dom0 without requiring an
> active VM to attach.
>
> The syntax is -
>    tapdisk2 -n <type>:<full path to file>
>
> For example -
>    tapdisk2  -n aio:/home/images/rawFile.img
>
> When successful the location of the new device will be provided by
> tapdisk2 to stdout and tapdisk2 will terminate.  From that point
> forward control of the device is provided through sysfs in the
> directory-
>
>    /sys/class/blktap2/blktap#/
>
> Where # is a blktap2 device number present in the path that tapdisk2
> printed before terminating.  The sysfs interface is largely intuitive,
> for example, to remove tap device 0 one would-
>
>    echo 1 > /sys/class/blktap2/blktap0/remove
> -----8<--------------------------------------8<---------------------------------
>
> So let's try:
>
> mybox# tapdisk2 -n vhd:/cloud/data2/machines/vm1.vhd
> tapdisk2: invalid option -- 'n'
> usage: tapdisk2 <-u uuid> <-c control socket>
>
> Huh ? Seems it's no way either that path. Is it a bug or the README
> is an outdated one ?

Completely outdated.

> I've googled around trying to find a solution and it found out about
> tap-ctl,
> with examples i found here:
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/84223
>
> Okay it's not as easy as a one-line command that the README shows about
> tapdisk2,
> but I have a find a way, so let's go :)
>
> mybox# tap-ctl allocate
> mybox# tap-ctl spawn
> mybox# tap-ctl list
> mybox# tap-ctl attach -p 2546 -m 0
> mybox# tap-ctl list
> mybox# tap-ctl open -p 2546 -m -o -a vhd:/cloud/data2/machines/vm1.vhd

You can shortcut this as

#tap-ctl create -a vhd:/....

and

tap-ctl destroy -m <minor> -p <pid>

(Say, didn't we discuss this last week?)

> Ok seems I can now fdisk the device
>
> mybox# fdisk /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0
>
> I've setup partition 1 and partition 2 with the scheme I wanted, wrote the
> changes to it. Results:
>
> Disk /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0: 52.4 GB, 52428800000 bytes
> 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 6374 cylinders
> Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
> Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
> I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
> Disk identifier: 0x440cbefb
>
>                       Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks
> Id  System
> /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0p1               1        6267    50339646
> 83  Linux
> /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0p2            6268        6374      859477+
> 82  Linux swap / Solaris
>
> Good.
>
> Now let's format /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0p1 and mount it so I can
> inject the files in the partition:
>
> mybox# mkfs.ext3 /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0p1
> mke2fs 1.41.12 (17-May-2010)
> Could not stat /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0p1 --- No such file or directory
>
> The device apparently does not exist; did you specify it correctly?

It doesn't indeed. I kept asking a couple people some time ago. Nobody
wanted it, because normally the guests partition.

We assign a single minor number to each tapdev, with no stride for
partitions, so they won't get created automagically. The fdisk call
above just tells you what it thinks those would be called.

Use kpartx instead.

If you have serious concerns about that, featurewise, now would be a
good time to declare those. I might find myself convinced quite easily.

> Hmmm, seems that /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0p1 does not exists.
>
> mybox# ls -la /dev/xen/blktap-2/
> total 0
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root     100 Jul  9 17:32 .
> drwxr-xr-x 3 root root      80 Jul  9 17:17 ..
> crw------- 1 root root 252,  0 Jul  9 17:32 blktap0
> crw------- 1 root root  10, 62 Jul  9 17:17 control
> brw------- 1 root root 254,  0 Jul  9 18:19 tapdev0
>
> Indeed. Does not exists. Now I remember fdisk told be that it wasn't able to
> make the kernel to be aware of the changes until I reboot or I use partprobe
> or kpartx.

This would rather the case if you reformat mounted disks. Not the case
here. If we added partition support, they'd show up
(as /dev/tda1, /dev/tda2, ...)

> Let's go:
>
> mybox# partprobe /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0
> Error: Error informing the kernel about modifications to partition
> /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0p1 -- Invalid argument.  This means Linux won't
> know about any changes you made to /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0p1 until you
> reboot -- so you shouldn't mount it or use it in any way before rebooting.
> Error: Failed to add partition 1 (Invalid argument)
>
> hmm nope, let's go with partx :
>
> mybox# partx -a /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0
> BLKPG: Invalid argument
> error adding partition 1
> BLKPG: Invalid argument
> error adding partition 2
> BLKPG: Invalid argument
> error adding partition 3
> BLKPG: Invalid argument
> error adding partition 4

Oh, interesting. This one is new to me... I'll check it out.

> Neither with partx and kpartx. I'm stuck again :(
>
> Of course it's not an acceptable solution if I have to reboot the whole
> xen host in order to be
> able to access the partitions.

It would not even help.

>  (and I didn't even tried if it would
> work, as the main goal was
> to get around the xm block-detach problem I had at first).
>
> I've no more ideas about what to try, any ideas, hints, advices ?

To just-get-me-that partition: Plug into dom0, so you'll get xvda1-n.
Oh wait, that was what didn't work either in the original mail.. :-)

Daniel

* Re: xm/xl block-detach issue
@ 2011-07-10 12:07     ` Sébastien Riccio
From: Sébastien Riccio @ 2011-07-10 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Stodden; +Cc: dmeyer, xen-devel

On 10.07.2011 11:05, Daniel Stodden wrote:
> To just-get-me-that partition: Plug into dom0, so you'll get xvda1-n.
> Oh wait, that was what didn't work either in the original mail.. :-)
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot for your answers :) Well yes my original problem is to be
able to
attach and detach a vhd file as a block device in the dom0, so I can
provision it.

Attaching it to dom0 with block-attach works well, can access, partition
it, format
partitions, mount partitions, copy files... but then I can't detach it
and I'm stuck :)

That's why I tried other ways to do it and got then stuck again on the
"can't access
a partition" problem with the tap-ctl method.

So talking about tap-ctl, yes IMHO it would be interesting to be able to
access them
for such operations.

Also I don't know if my xm/xl block-detach is a bug or happens only on
my systems, or
maybe only with VHD based disks. If it's the case, would also be nice to
have it fixed.

--
Sébastien

* Re: xm/xl block-detach issue
@ 2011-07-10 18:19       ` Daniel Stodden
From: Daniel Stodden @ 2011-07-10 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Riccio; +Cc: dmeyer, xen-devel

On Sun, 2011-07-10 at 08:07 -0400, Sébastien Riccio wrote:
> On 10.07.2011 11:05, Daniel Stodden wrote:
> > To just-get-me-that partition: Plug into dom0, so you'll get xvda1-n.
> > Oh wait, that was what didn't work either in the original mail.. :-)
> >
> > Daniel

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Thanks a lot for your answers :) Well yes my original problem is to be
> able to
> attach and detach a vhd file as a block device in the dom0, so I can
> provision it.
>
> Attaching it to dom0 with block-attach works well, can access, partition
> it, format
> partitions, mount partitions, copy files... but then I can't detach it
> and I'm stuck :)

Okay, that needs to get fixed, but I don't know where. In XCP that's how
it's exclusively done, because it's the most general approach.

> That's why I tried other ways to do it and got then stuck again on the
> "can't access
> a partition" problem with the tap-ctl method.
>
> So talking about tap-ctl, yes IMHO it would be interesting to be able to
> access them
> for such operations.

Partitions normally work by adding some stride between the 'part0' (the
entire disk) nodes allocated. E.g. scsi disks would allocate every 16th
minor for a new disk, and the space in between is partitions.

brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 0 Jul  7 09:47 /dev/sda
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 1 Jul  7 09:47 /dev/sda1
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 2 Jul  7 09:47 /dev/sda2

We don't have that, so partitions are off.

# l /dev/td*
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 254, 0 Jul 10 10:58 /dev/tda
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 254, 1 Jul 10 11:18 /dev/tdb

Problem is I'm not sure if just doing so wouldn't break sth, because we
work so much with minor numbers in the toolstack.

kpartx should work, I don't think that is tapdisk-related. After all it
doesn't really do any magic. It reads the partition table from the start
of the device and maybe lands a couple standard ioctls to query disk
size etc. The rest is DM.

Can you check if it works with some normal disk? Check out modules,
install lvm2, make sure you have dm-linear loaded, etc... You were
running a custom kernel, right? You're probably just missing sth.

Daniel

* Re: xm/xl block-detach issue
@ 2011-07-11 17:09         ` Sébastien Riccio
From: Sébastien Riccio @ 2011-07-11 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Stodden; +Cc: dmeyer, xen-devel

On 10.07.2011 20:19, Daniel Stodden wrote:
> Okay, that needs to get fixed, but I don't know where. In XCP that's
> how it's exclusively done, because it's the most general approach.

My guess at the moment is that it might be a problem with blktap and vhd
or, blktap and my kernel combo, or blktap and my kernel combo and vhd :)

The kernel i'm actually playing with is: 2.6.39.2-xen-stable + blktap,
built over a debian squeeze like this:

git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen.git
linux_xen_2.6.39.x-stable
cd linux_xen_2.6.39.x-stable
git checkout -b stable/2.6.39.x origin/stable/2.6.39.x
git remote add daniel git://xenbits.xensource.com/people/dstodden/linux.git
git fetch daniel
git merge daniel/blktap/next-2.6.39
make menuconfig (removing useless stuff, activating the needed ones)
make bzImage -j9 ; make modules -j9 ; make modules_install
[ etc ... ]

Playing more with it this morning I managed to start a vm with a vhd
file for the disk (after provisioning it with some files and reboots...)
, with this config:

box# cat /cloud/data2/configs/vm1.test.cfg
bootloader = "/usr/bin/pygrub"
memory = 1024
name = "vm1"
vcpus = 4
#vif = [ 'ip=10.111.5.10, bridge=trunk0, vifname=vm1.0' ]
disk = [ 'tap2:vhd:/cloud/data2/machines/vm1.vhd,xvda,w' ]
root = "/dev/xvda1"
extra = "fastboot"
on_poweroff = 'destroy'
on_reboot = 'restart'
on_crash = 'restart'

vm1 is up and rocking

box# xl list
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  1024    16
r-----      26.2
vm1                                          2  1024     4
-b----       2.8

But now if I issue a ps -aux in the dom0, it displays some process then
hangs the ps.
(that was not the case before I start vm1)

And if I try to list the attached block devices with xl:

box# xl block-list 2
Vdev  BE  handle state evt-ch ring-ref BE-path
Segmentation fault

(dmesg)
[ 1592.151122] xl[2292]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f7de314e6d2 sp
00007fff610e30b0 error 4 in libc-2.11.2.so[7f7de3117000+158000]

but works if i try to list it with xm:

box# xm block-list 2
Vdev  BE handle state evt-ch ring-ref BE-path
51712  0    0     4      23     8     /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/2/51712

I'll try with something else than vhd to see if the same happens, but my
goal is to use vhd's ...

> Can you check if it works with some normal disk? Check out modules,
> install lvm2, make sure you have dm-linear loaded, etc... You were
> running a custom kernel, right? You're probably just missing sth.

modules lists:

root@xen-blade15:~# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
blktap                 17941  8
ocfs2                 618206  1
quota_tree              7539  1 ocfs2
ocfs2_dlmfs            17331  1
ocfs2_stack_o2cb        3482  1
ocfs2_dlm             204671  1 ocfs2_stack_o2cb
ocfs2_nodemanager     186569  14
ocfs2,ocfs2_dlmfs,ocfs2_stack_o2cb,ocfs2_dlm
ocfs2_stackglue         7437  3 ocfs2,ocfs2_dlmfs,ocfs2_stack_o2cb
dm_round_robin          2260  1
configfs               21658  2 ocfs2_nodemanager
crc32c                  2688  8
iscsi_tcp               8503  6
libiscsi_tcp           11604  1 iscsi_tcp
libiscsi               34844  2 iscsi_tcp,libiscsi_tcp
scsi_transport_iscsi    28673  3 iscsi_tcp,libiscsi
openvswitch_mod        71205  3
xenfs                   9815  1
xfs                   501098  1
ext2                   61369  1
sg                     27333  0
sr_mod                 14760  0
cdrom                  35494  1 sr_mod
xen_evtchn              4739  2
loop                   16002  0
tpm_tis                 7821  0
tpm                    10878  1 tpm_tis
i7core_edac            15891  0
tpm_bios                4921  1 tpm
dcdbas                  5416  0
edac_core              34483  1 i7core_edac
evdev                   9374  4
usb_storage            43361  0
thermal_sys            14045  0
pcspkr                  1779  0
acpi_processor          5423  0 [permanent]
button                  4199  0
usbhid                 34740  0
hid                    78436  1 usbhid
ext4                  255423  1
mbcache                 5434  2 ext2,ext4
jbd2                   48549  2 ocfs2,ext4
crc16                   1319  1 ext4
dm_multipath           16384  2 dm_round_robin
scsi_dh                 4876  1 dm_multipath
dm_mod                 63657  7 dm_multipath
sd_mod                 34293  6
crc_t10dif              1292  1 sd_mod
uhci_hcd               21828  0
megaraid_sas           70747  3
ehci_hcd               37665  0
scsi_mod              144719  9
iscsi_tcp,libiscsi,scsi_transport_iscsi,sg,sr_mod,usb_storage,scsi_dh,sd_mod,megaraid_sas
usbcore               137744  5 usb_storage,usbhid,uhci_hcd,ehci_hcd
bnx2                   70964  0

My vhd storage is on an ocfs2 shared storage attached with multipath
iscsi. I will try it on a local storage too to eliminate
that possible cause.

Thanks for your time Daniel.

Sébastien

* Re: xm/xl block-detach issue
@ 2011-07-11 18:22           ` Daniel Stodden
From: Daniel Stodden @ 2011-07-11 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Riccio; +Cc: dmeyer, xen-devel

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 13:09 -0400, Sébastien Riccio wrote:
> On 10.07.2011 20:19, Daniel Stodden wrote:
> > Okay, that needs to get fixed, but I don't know where. In XCP that's
> > how it's exclusively done, because it's the most general approach.
>
> My guess at the moment is that it might be a problem with blktap and
> vhd or, blktap and my kernel combo, or blktap and my kernel combo and
> vhd :)
>
> The kernel i'm actually playing with is: 2.6.39.2-xen-stable + blktap,
> built over a debian squeeze like this:
>
> git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen.git
> linux_xen_2.6.39.x-stable
> cd linux_xen_2.6.39.x-stable
> git checkout -b stable/2.6.39.x origin/stable/2.6.39.x
> git remote add daniel
> git://xenbits.xensource.com/people/dstodden/linux.git
> git fetch daniel
> git merge daniel/blktap/next-2.6.39
> make menuconfig (removing useless stuff, activating the needed ones)
> make bzImage -j9 ; make modules -j9 ; make modules_install
> [ etc ... ]

I'm not familiar with potential open issues in konrad's 2.6.39 tree, but
I wouldn't expect that to be the problem.

> Playing more with it this morning I managed to start a vm with a vhd
> file for the disk (after provisioning it with some files and
> reboots...) , with this config:
>
> box# cat /cloud/data2/configs/vm1.test.cfg
> bootloader = "/usr/bin/pygrub"
> memory = 1024
> name = "vm1"
> vcpus = 4
> #vif = [ 'ip=10.111.5.10, bridge=trunk0, vifname=vm1.0' ]
> disk = [ 'tap2:vhd:/cloud/data2/machines/vm1.vhd,xvda,w' ]
> root = "/dev/xvda1"
> extra = "fastboot"
> on_poweroff = 'destroy'
> on_reboot = 'restart'
> on_crash = 'restart'

Looks good, although I'm not really good with the 'disk' lines either.
E.g. mine just say tap:aio, tap:vhd, etc.

> vm1 is up and rocking
>
> box# xl list
> Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
> Time(s)
> Domain-0                                     0  1024    16     r-----
> 26.2
> vm1                                          2  1024     4     -b----
> 2.8
>
> But now if I issue a ps -aux in the dom0, it displays some process
> then hangs the ps.
> (that was not the case before I start vm1)
>
> And if I try to list the attached block devices with xl:
>
> box# xl block-list 2
> Vdev  BE  handle state evt-ch ring-ref BE-path
> Segmentation fault

Ouch. What xen tree are you running? Unstable? What does tap-ctl list
say, does that work? You might want to try the 4.1 tree instead. If not,
you'll at least want to get yourself a coredump to get an idea of what
you're after.

> (dmesg)
> [ 1592.151122] xl[2292]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f7de314e6d2 sp
> 00007fff610e30b0 error 4 in libc-2.11.2.so[7f7de3117000+158000]

# ulimit -c unlimited
# xl block-list 2
... core dumped.
# gdb $(which xl) core
(gdb) backtrace

> but works if i try to list it with xm:
>
> box# xm block-list 2
> Vdev  BE handle state evt-ch ring-ref BE-path
> 51712  0    0     4      23
> 8     /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/2/51712

Well, different codebase...

> I'll try with something else than vhd to see if the same happens, but
> my goal is to use vhd's ...

Just check if the tapdisk's are all working. You didn't see those
failing. But if your guests look happy (xl console, poke around) long
as, your problem is elsewhere.

> > Can you check if it works with some normal disk? Check out modules,
> > install lvm2, make sure you have dm-linear loaded, etc... You were
> > running a custom kernel, right? You're probably just missing sth.
>
> modules lists:
>
> root@xen-blade15:~# lsmod
> Module                  Size  Used by
> blktap                 17941  8
> ocfs2                 618206  1
> quota_tree              7539  1 ocfs2
> ocfs2_dlmfs            17331  1
> ocfs2_stack_o2cb        3482  1
> ocfs2_dlm             204671  1 ocfs2_stack_o2cb
> ocfs2_nodemanager     186569  14
> ocfs2,ocfs2_dlmfs,ocfs2_stack_o2cb,ocfs2_dlm
> ocfs2_stackglue         7437  3 ocfs2,ocfs2_dlmfs,ocfs2_stack_o2cb
> dm_round_robin          2260  1
> configfs               21658  2 ocfs2_nodemanager
> crc32c                  2688  8
> iscsi_tcp               8503  6
> libiscsi_tcp           11604  1 iscsi_tcp
> libiscsi               34844  2 iscsi_tcp,libiscsi_tcp
> scsi_transport_iscsi    28673  3 iscsi_tcp,libiscsi
> openvswitch_mod        71205  3
> xenfs                   9815  1
> xfs                   501098  1
> ext2                   61369  1
> sg                     27333  0
> sr_mod                 14760  0
> cdrom                  35494  1 sr_mod
> xen_evtchn              4739  2
> loop                   16002  0
> tpm_tis                 7821  0
> tpm                    10878  1 tpm_tis
> i7core_edac            15891  0
> tpm_bios                4921  1 tpm
> dcdbas                  5416  0
> edac_core              34483  1 i7core_edac
> evdev                   9374  4
> usb_storage            43361  0
> thermal_sys            14045  0
> pcspkr                  1779  0
> acpi_processor          5423  0 [permanent]
> button                  4199  0
> usbhid                 34740  0
> hid                    78436  1 usbhid
> ext4                  255423  1
> mbcache                 5434  2 ext2,ext4
> jbd2                   48549  2 ocfs2,ext4
> crc16                   1319  1 ext4
> dm_multipath           16384  2 dm_round_robin
> scsi_dh                 4876  1 dm_multipath
> dm_mod                 63657  7 dm_multipath

Do you have dm-linear (I think it's just linear.ko) available? If not,
it might explain yesterday's kpartx issue.

> sd_mod                 34293  6
> crc_t10dif              1292  1 sd_mod
> uhci_hcd               21828  0
> megaraid_sas           70747  3
> ehci_hcd               37665  0
> scsi_mod              144719  9
> iscsi_tcp,libiscsi,scsi_transport_iscsi,sg,sr_mod,usb_storage,scsi_dh,sd_mod,megaraid_sas
> usbcore               137744  5 usb_storage,usbhid,uhci_hcd,ehci_hcd
> bnx2                   70964  0
>
> My vhd storage is on an ocfs2 shared storage attached with multipath
> iscsi. I will try it on a local storage too to eliminate
> that possible cause.

Well, yeah, that's a bit thicker than normally recommended for testing
patchworks, but then again, it doesn't really sound like that's your
most immediate problem.

Cheers,
Daniel

* Re: xm/xl block-detach issue
@ 2011-07-11 21:37             ` Sébastien Riccio
From: Sébastien Riccio @ 2011-07-11 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Stodden; +Cc: dmeyer, xen-devel

On 11.07.2011 20:22, Daniel Stodden wrote:

> Looks good, although I'm not really good with the 'disk' lines either.
> E.g. mine just say tap:aio, tap:vhd, etc.

Hmm what is the difference betwwen tap:vhd and tap2:vhd ?
If I start my vm1 using tap:vhd it does not hangs on a "ps -aux" in the
dom0, and the xl block-list 0 doesn't segfault, but it does if I use
tap2:vhd.

I'm a bit confused. There is blktap and blktap2 in the xen sources, but
one module blktap for the kernel. The same module is used for both
versions ?

> Ouch. What xen tree are you running? Unstable? What does tap-ctl list
> say, does that work? You might want to try the 4.1 tree instead. If
> not, you'll at least want to get yourself a coredump to get an idea of
> what you're after.

I'm running 4.1.1 from the tar.gz, also tried 4.1.0, same things occurs.
I'm still investigating :)

Sébastien

* Re: xm/xl block-detach issue
@ 2011-07-11 21:48               ` Daniel Stodden
From: Daniel Stodden @ 2011-07-11 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Riccio; +Cc: dmeyer, xen-devel

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 17:37 -0400, Sébastien Riccio wrote:
> On 11.07.2011 20:22, Daniel Stodden wrote:
>
> > Looks good, although I'm not really good with the 'disk' lines either.
> > E.g. mine just say tap:aio, tap:vhd, etc.
>
> Hmm what is the difference betwwen tap:vhd and tap2:vhd ?

There's a lot of compat hell in there. If either one or the other works
for you, you'll probably regret you asked. :o)

> If I start my vm1 using tap:vhd it does not hangs on a "ps -aux" in the
> dom0, and the xl block-list 0 doesn't segfault, but it does if I use
> tap2:vhd.

Ah. Interesting. That might indicate a simple problem with a simple
solution.

> I'm a bit confused. There is blktap and blktap2 in the xen sources, but
> one module blktap for the kernel. The same module is used for both
> versions ?

There used to be a blktap1. It's quite different, and supposed to die.
It only lived in 2.6.18. Don't bother.

> > Ouch. What xen tree are you running? Unstable? What does tap-ctl list
> > say, does that work? You might want to try the 4.1 tree instead. If
> > not, you'll at least want to get yourself a coredump to get an idea of
> > what you're after.
>
> I'm running 4.1.1 from the tar.gz, also tried 4.1.0, same things occurs.
> I'm still investigating :)

Okay, very cool. If you even happen to come across a fix for the tap2
issue, or at least identify the crash cause more precisely, that'd be
great.

Daniel

* Re: xm/xl block-detach issue
@ 2011-07-12  5:21                 ` Sébastien Riccio
From: Sébastien Riccio @ 2011-07-12  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Stodden; +Cc: dmeyer

Hi again :)

Going further with my investigations, I'm definitively now sure that
it's not an issue with ocfs2.
Same behavior occures on a local file.

There is really something going wrong with xm/xl. In order to continue
my tests I've tried to attach
and .img (raw) file and this time not attaching it to dom0 but to a
running domU vm:

no way with xl

box# xl block-attach 2
file:/cloud/data2/images/xen/slackware.13-37.x86.20110428/slackware.13-37.x86.20110428.img
xvdc w
libxl_device_disk_add failed.

with xm

box# xm block-attach 2
file:/cloud/data2/images/xen/slackware.13-37.x86.20110428/slackware.13-37.x86.20110428.img
xvdc w

this worked. Now trying to list with xl :

box# xl block-list 2
Vdev  BE  handle state evt-ch ring-ref BE-path
Segmentation fault

box# xm block-list 2
Vdev  BE handle state evt-ch ring-ref BE-path
51712  0    0     4      23     8     /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/2/51712
51728  0    0     4      24     17    /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/2/51728
*51744  0    0     4      25     50    /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/2/51744 *

Unplugging with xm:

box# xm block-detach 2 51744

box# xm block-list 2
Vdev  BE handle state evt-ch ring-ref BE-path
51712  0    0     4      23     8     /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/2/51712
51728  0    0     4      24     17    /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/2/51728

Gone :)

1) block-attach / block-detach / block-list actions issued from xl and
xm are not having the same behaviors,
xl tend to crash a lot and mess things.

2) attaching an .img file with xm and file:/ let me detach it with xm
block-detach

3) attaching  a .vhd file with xm and tap:vhd:/ does *not* let me detach
it with xm block-detach

I almost got rid of all specialities on my box, except maybe konrad's
2.6.39.2 kernel. This is a quite serious issue, am I the only one able
to reproduce it ?

For information, we've tried the same action (xl block-attach and xl
block-detach of a vhd on XenServer 6.0 beta (project boston) and the same
issue happens, can't detach it, then it throws ugly messages at console:

Message from syslogd@ at Mon Jul 11 21:13:43 2011 ...
xenblade13 kernel: ------------[ cut here ]------------

Message from syslogd@ at Mon Jul 11 21:13:43 2011 ...
xenblade13 kernel: invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] SMP

Message from syslogd@ at Mon Jul 11 21:13:43 2011 ...
xenblade13 kernel: last sysfs file:
/sys/devices/xen-backend/vbd-0-51712/statistics/rd_usecs

Message from syslogd@ at Mon Jul 11 21:13:43 2011 ...
xenblade13 kernel: Process xenwatch (pid: 48, ti=ee9d0000 task=ee8d5070
task.ti=ee9d0000)

Message from syslogd@ at Mon Jul 11 21:13:43 2011 ...
xenblade13 kernel: Stack:

Message from syslogd@ at Mon Jul 11 21:13:43 2011 ...
xenblade13 kernel: Call Trace:

Message from syslogd@ at Mon Jul 11 21:13:43 2011 ...
xenblade13 kernel: Code: 88 ff ff e9 5c ff ff ff 89 44 24 04 c7 44 24 08
2e a1 44 c0 8b 4d ec 89 0c 24 e8 62 88 ff ff 89 f8 e8 db ee ff ff e9 f7
fe ff ff <0f> 0b eb fe 66 90 ba 98 00 00 00 b8 ba a0 44 c0 e8 61 48 e8 ff

Message from syslogd@ at Mon Jul 11 21:13:43 2011 ...
xenblade13 kernel: EIP: [<c02a985a>] blkback_queue_start+0x2ca/0x2f0
SS:ESP 0069:ee9d1f38

So my conclusions are that something is not right with xl/xm commands
and block attaching/detaching. I guess XenServer is not using
this method to attach/detach disks as attaching them with xe commands
and with xencenter do not show any problems.

Could someone try it on their side and confirms if this is a confirmed
problem ? That would be nice to fix it if it's the case, as shipping xen
with a "russian roulette" enabled xm/xl is maybe not the best :)

I can provide root access to my test machines if you want to try things
on the best :)

Cheers,
Sébastien

* Re: xm/xl block-detach issue
@ 2011-07-12  5:30             ` Sébastien Riccio
From: Sébastien Riccio @ 2011-07-12  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Stodden; +Cc: dmeyer, xen-devel

On 11.07.2011 20:22, Daniel Stodden wrote:
> ulimit -c unlimited
> # xl block-list 2
> ... core dumped.
> # gdb $(which xl) core

Results :

Core was generated by `xl block-list 2'.
#0  0x00007fda1ed796d2 in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x00007fda1ed796d2 in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x00007fda1ff10e13 in libxl_append_disk_list_of_type () from
/usr/lib/libxenlight.so.1.0
#2  0x00007fda1ff10ee2 in libxl_device_disk_list () from
/usr/lib/libxenlight.so.1.0
#3  0x000000000040a483 in main_blocklist ()
#4  0x0000000000405442 in main ()

* Re: xm/xl block-detach issue
@ 2011-07-12  5:44               ` Sébastien Riccio
From: Sébastien Riccio @ 2011-07-12  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Stodden; +Cc: dmeyer, xen-devel

More informations coming:

Vhd attached with:

xl block-attach 2 tap:vhd:/cloud/data2/machines/vm2.vhd xvdb w

Strace results of detach attempt with xl block-detach in attached  file
xl_vhd_detach.txt
(seems to receive an OK but it doesn't detach anything)

Strace results of detach attempt with xm block-detach in attached file
xm_vhd_detach.txt
(doesn't seem to know anything about the device existence)

Hope this can help for debugging the things out :)

Cheers,
Sébastien

[-- Attachment #2: xl_vhd_detach.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 16791 bytes --]

execve("/usr/sbin/xl", ["xl", "block-detach", "2", "51728"], [/* 17 vars */]) = 0
brk(0)                                  = 0x13d1000
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
mmap(NULL, 8192, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7f530ab0e000
access("/etc/ld.so.preload", R_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/etc/ld.so.cache", O_RDONLY)      = 3
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=25974, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 25974, PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE, 3, 0) = 0x7f530ab07000
close(3)                                = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/libxlutil.so.1.0", O_RDONLY) = 3
read(3, "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0>\0\1\0\0\0\360\37\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 832) = 832
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=40448, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 2128736, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0) = 0x7f530a6eb000
mprotect(0x7f530a6f3000, 2093056, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7f530a8f2000, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x7000) = 0x7f530a8f2000
close(3)                                = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/libxenlight.so.1.0", O_RDONLY) = 3
read(3, "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0>\0\1\0\0\0P}\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 832) = 832
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=191738, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 2259808, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0) = 0x7f530a4c3000
mprotect(0x7f530a4ea000, 2097152, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7f530a6ea000, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x27000) = 0x7f530a6ea000
close(3)                                = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/libxenctrl.so.4.0", O_RDONLY) = 3
read(3, "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0>\0\1\0\0\0\360j\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 832) = 832
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=160338, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7f530ab06000
mmap(NULL, 2234632, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0) = 0x7f530a2a1000
mprotect(0x7f530a2c2000, 2097152, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7f530a4c2000, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x21000) = 0x7f530a4c2000
close(3)                                = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/lib/libdl.so.2", O_RDONLY)       = 3
read(3, "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0>\0\1\0\0\0\340\r\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 832) = 832
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=14696, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 2109696, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0) = 0x7f530a09d000
mprotect(0x7f530a09f000, 2097152, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7f530a29f000, 8192, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x2000) = 0x7f530a29f000
close(3)                                = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/libxenguest.so.4.0", O_RDONLY) = 3
read(3, "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0>\0\1\0\0\0`Y\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 832) = 832
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=167982, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 2245872, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0) = 0x7f5309e78000
mprotect(0x7f5309e9b000, 2097152, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7f530a09b000, 8192, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x23000) = 0x7f530a09b000
close(3)                                = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/libxenstore.so.3.0", O_RDONLY) = 3
read(3, "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0>\0\1\0\0\0\260\37\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 832) = 832
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=30028, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7f530ab05000
mmap(NULL, 2131208, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0) = 0x7f5309c6f000
mprotect(0x7f5309c74000, 2097152, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7f5309e74000, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x5000) = 0x7f5309e74000
mmap(0x7f5309e75000, 9480, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7f5309e75000
close(3)                                = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/libblktapctl.so.1.0", O_RDONLY) = 3
read(3, "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0>\0\1\0\0\0\360\35\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 832) = 832
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=35382, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 2123792, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0) = 0x7f5309a68000
mprotect(0x7f5309a6f000, 2093056, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7f5309c6e000, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x6000) = 0x7f5309c6e000
close(3)                                = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/lib/libutil.so.1", O_RDONLY)     = 3
read(3, "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0>\0\1\0\0\0\20\16\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 832) = 832
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=10648, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 2105608, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0) = 0x7f5309865000
mprotect(0x7f5309867000, 2093056, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7f5309a66000, 8192, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x1000) = 0x7f5309a66000
close(3)                                = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/lib/libuuid.so.1", O_RDONLY)     = 3
read(3, "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0>\0\1\0\0\0\360\25\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 832) = 832
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=15720, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7f530ab04000
mmap(NULL, 2110736, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0) = 0x7f5309661000
mprotect(0x7f5309665000, 2093056, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7f5309864000, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x3000) = 0x7f5309864000
close(3)                                = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/lib/libc.so.6", O_RDONLY)        = 3
read(3, "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0>\0\1\0\0\0`\355\1\0\0\0\0\0"..., 832) = 832
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=1432968, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 3541032, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0) = 0x7f5309300000
mprotect(0x7f5309458000, 2093056, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7f5309657000, 20480, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x157000) = 0x7f5309657000
mmap(0x7f530965c000, 18472, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7f530965c000
close(3)                                = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/lib/libpthread.so.0", O_RDONLY)  = 3
read(3, "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0>\0\1\0\0\0\340Y\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 832) = 832
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=131260, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 2208640, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0) = 0x7f53090e4000
mprotect(0x7f53090fb000, 2093056, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7f53092fa000, 8192, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x16000) = 0x7f53092fa000
mmap(0x7f53092fc000, 13184, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7f53092fc000
close(3)                                = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/libz.so.1", O_RDONLY)    = 3
read(3, "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0>\0\1\0\0\0\260\"\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 832) = 832
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=93936, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7f530ab03000
mmap(NULL, 2188976, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0) = 0x7f5308ecd000
mprotect(0x7f5308ee4000, 2093056, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7f53090e3000, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x16000) = 0x7f53090e3000
close(3)                                = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7f530ab02000
mmap(NULL, 8192, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7f530ab00000
arch_prctl(ARCH_SET_FS, 0x7f530ab00740) = 0
mprotect(0x7f53092fa000, 4096, PROT_READ) = 0
mprotect(0x7f5309657000, 16384, PROT_READ) = 0
mprotect(0x7f5309a66000, 4096, PROT_READ) = 0
mprotect(0x7f530a29f000, 4096, PROT_READ) = 0
mprotect(0x7f530ab10000, 4096, PROT_READ) = 0
munmap(0x7f530ab07000, 25974)           = 0
set_tid_address(0x7f530ab00a10)         = 3192
set_robust_list(0x7f530ab00a20, 0x18)   = 0
futex(0x7fff51431dec, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 1) = 0
futex(0x7fff51431dec, FUTEX_WAIT_BITSET_PRIVATE|FUTEX_CLOCK_REALTIME, 1, NULL, 7f530ab00740) = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
rt_sigaction(SIGRTMIN, {0x7f53090e9860, [], SA_RESTORER|SA_SIGINFO, 0x7f53090f2f60}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGRT_1, {0x7f53090e98f0, [], SA_RESTORER|SA_RESTART|SA_SIGINFO, 0x7f53090f2f60}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_UNBLOCK, [RTMIN RT_1], NULL, 8) = 0
getrlimit(RLIMIT_STACK, {rlim_cur=8192*1024, rlim_max=RLIM_INFINITY}) = 0
brk(0)                                  = 0x13d1000
brk(0x13f2000)                          = 0x13f2000
stat("/var/run/xenstored.pid", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0600, st_size=5, ...}) = 0
open("/proc/xen/privcmd", O_RDWR)       = 3
fcntl(3, F_GETFD)                       = 0
fcntl(3, F_SETFD, FD_CLOEXEC)           = 0
stat("/var/run/xenstored/socket", {st_mode=S_IFSOCK|0600, st_size=0, ...}) = 0
socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM, 0)         = 4
fcntl(4, F_GETFD)                       = 0
fcntl(4, F_SETFD, FD_CLOEXEC)           = 0
connect(4, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path="/var/run/xenstored/socket"}, 110) = 0
open("/etc/xen/xl.conf", O_RDONLY)      = 5
fstat(5, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=275, ...}) = 0
fstat(5, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=275, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7f530ab0d000
read(5, "## Global XL config file ##\n\n# a"..., 4096) = 275
close(5)                                = 0
munmap(0x7f530ab0d000, 4096)            = 0
mlock(0x13d2000, 4096)                  = 0
mlock(0x13d4000, 4096)                  = 0
ioctl(3, SNDCTL_DSP_RESET, 0x7fff51431a90) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_IGN, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, {SIG_DFL, [], 0}, 8) = 0
write(4, "\n\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\2\0\0\0", 16) = 16
write(4, "2\0", 2)                      = 2
read(4, "\n\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\20\0\0\0", 16) = 16
read(4, "/local/domain/2\0", 16)        = 16
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_IGN, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, 8) = 0
write(4, "\2\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0,\0\0\0", 16) = 16
write(4, "/local/domain/2/device/vbd/51728"..., 44) = 44
read(4, "\2\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\1\0\0\0", 16) = 16
read(4, "0", 1)                         = 1
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_IGN, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, 8) = 0
write(4, "\2\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0)\0\0\0", 16) = 16
write(4, "/local/domain/2/device/vbd/51728"..., 41) = 41
read(4, "\2\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0#\0\0\0", 16) = 16
read(4, "/local/domain/0/backend/vbd/2/51"..., 35) = 35
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_IGN, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, 8) = 0
write(4, "\2\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0+\0\0\0", 16) = 16
write(4, "/local/domain/0/backend/vbd/2/51"..., 43) = 43
read(4, "\2\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\31\0\0\0", 16) = 16
read(4, "/dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev1", 25) = 25
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_IGN, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, 8) = 0
write(4, "\2\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0)\0\0\0", 16) = 16
write(4, "/local/domain/0/backend/vbd/2/51"..., 41) = 41
read(4, "\2\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0\0\0", 16) = 16
read(4, "phy", 3)                       = 3
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_IGN, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, 8) = 0
write(4, "\2\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0(\0\0\0", 16) = 16
write(4, "/local/domain/0/backend/vbd/2/51"..., 40) = 40
read(4, "\2\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\4\0\0\0", 16) = 16
read(4, "xvdb", 4)                      = 4
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_IGN, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, 8) = 0
write(4, "\2\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0.\0\0\0", 16) = 16
write(4, "/local/domain/0/backend/vbd/2/51"..., 46) = 46
read(4, "\2\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\1\0\0\0", 16) = 16
read(4, "1", 1)                         = 1
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_IGN, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, 8) = 0
write(4, "\2\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0)\0\0\0", 16) = 16
write(4, "/local/domain/0/backend/vbd/2/51"..., 41) = 41
read(4, "\2\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\1\0\0\0", 16) = 16
read(4, "w", 1)                         = 1
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_IGN, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, 8) = 0
write(4, "\2\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0-\0\0\0", 16) = 16
write(4, "/local/domain/2/device/vbd/51728"..., 45) = 45
read(4, "\2\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\4\0\0\0", 16) = 16
read(4, "disk", 4)                      = 4
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_IGN, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, 8) = 0
write(4, "\n\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\2\0\0\0", 16) = 16
write(4, "0\0", 2)                      = 2
read(4, "\n\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\20\0\0\0", 16) = 16
read(4, "/local/domain/0\0", 16)        = 16
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_IGN, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, 8) = 0
write(4, "\2\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0'\0\0\0", 16) = 16
write(4, "/local/domain/0/backend/vbd/2/-1"..., 39) = 39
read(4, "\20\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\7\0\0\0", 16) = 16
read(4, "ENOENT\0", 7)                  = 7
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
pipe([5, 6])                            = 0
select(6, [5], NULL, NULL, {10, 0})     = 0 (Timeout)
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_IGN, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, 8) = 0
write(4, "\n\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\2\0\0\0", 16) = 16
write(4, "0\0", 2)                      = 2
read(4, "\n\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\20\0\0\0", 16) = 16
read(4, "/local/domain/0\0", 16)        = 16
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_IGN, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, 8) = 0
write(4, "\r\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0!\0\0\0", 16) = 16
write(4, "/local/domain/0/backend/vbd/2/-1"..., 33) = 33
read(4, "\r\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0\0\0", 16) = 16
read(4, "OK\0", 3)                      = 3
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_IGN, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, 8) = 0
write(4, "\n\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\2\0\0\0", 16) = 16
write(4, "2\0", 2)                      = 2
read(4, "\n\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\20\0\0\0", 16) = 16
read(4, "/local/domain/2\0", 16)        = 16
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_IGN, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, 8) = 0
write(4, "\r\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\36\0\0\0", 16) = 16
write(4, "/local/domain/2/device/vbd/-1\0", 30) = 30
read(4, "\r\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0\0\0", 16) = 16
read(4, "OK\0", 3)                      = 3
rt_sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7f53093321e0}, NULL, 8) = 0
munlock(0x13d2000, 4096)                = 0
munlock(0x13d4000, 4096)                = 0
close(3)                                = 0
close(5)                                = 0
close(6)                                = 0
close(4)                                = 0
exit_group(0)                           = ?

[-- Attachment #3: xm_vhd_detach.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 36017 bytes --]

stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/__init__.py", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=2, ...}) = 0
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/__init__", 0x7fff402d77e0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/__init__.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/__init__module.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/__init__.py", O_RDONLY) = 6
fstat(6, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=2, ...}) = 0
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/__init__.pyc", O_RDONLY) = 7
fstat(7, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=153, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7feb11dbc000
read(7, "\321\362\r\n`\206\367Mc\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\1\0\0\0@\0\0\0s\4\0\0\0d\0"..., 4096) = 153
fstat(7, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=153, ...}) = 0
read(7, "", 4096)                       = 0
close(7)                                = 0
munmap(0x7feb11dbc000, 4096)            = 0
close(6)                                = 0
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|S_ISGID|0755, st_size=4096, ...}) = 0
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|S_ISGID|0755, st_size=4096, ...}) = 0
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/acm", 0x7fff402d8830) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/acm.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/acmmodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/acm.py", O_RDONLY) = 6
fstat(6, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=59660, ...}) = 0
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/acm.pyc", O_RDONLY) = 7
fstat(7, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=50291, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7feb11dbc000
read(7, "\321\362\r\n`\206\367Mc\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\36\0\0\0@\0\0\0s\201\5\0\0d\0"..., 4096) = 4096
fstat(7, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=50291, ...}) = 0
read(7, "\0\0\0t\r\0\0\0active_policyt\2\0\0\0ost\6\0\0"..., 45056) = 45056
read(7, "tht\23\0\0\0security_dir_prefixRT\0\0\0R"..., 4096) = 1139
read(7, "", 4096)                       = 0
brk(0x2ba7000)                          = 0x2ba7000
close(7)                                = 0
munmap(0x7feb11dbc000, 4096)            = 0
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/commands", 0x7fff402d5290) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/commands.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/commandsmodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/commands.py", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/commands.pyc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/logging", 0x7fff402d5290) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/logging.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/loggingmodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/logging.py", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/logging.pyc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/os", 0x7fff402d5290) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/os.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/osmodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/os.py", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/os.pyc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/string", 0x7fff402d5290) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/string.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/stringmodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/string.py", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/string.pyc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/re", 0x7fff402d5290) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/re.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/remodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/re.py", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/re.pyc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/threading", 0x7fff402d5290) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/threading.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/threadingmodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/threading.py", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/threading.pyc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/struct", 0x7fff402d5290) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/struct.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/structmodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/struct.py", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/struct.pyc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/stat", 0x7fff402d5290) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/stat.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/statmodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/stat.py", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/stat.pyc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/base64", 0x7fff402d5290) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/base64.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/base64module.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/base64.py", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/base64.pyc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/xen", 0x7fff402d5290) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/xen.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/xenmodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/xen.py", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xsm/acm/xen.pyc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/lowlevel/acm", 0x7fff402d5280) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/lowlevel/acm.so", O_RDONLY) = 7
fstat(7, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=38441, ...}) = 0
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/lowlevel/acm.so", O_RDONLY) = 8
read(8, "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0>\0\1\0\0\0\240\17\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 832) = 832
fstat(8, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=38441, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 2107736, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 8, 0) = 0x7feb0efea000
mprotect(0x7feb0efed000, 2093056, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x7feb0f1ec000, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 8, 0x2000) = 0x7feb0f1ec000
close(8)                                = 0
close(7)                                = 0
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/dictio", 0x7fff402d5280) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/dictio.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/dictiomodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/dictio.py", O_RDONLY) = 7
fstat(7, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1792, ...}) = 0
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/dictio.pyc", O_RDONLY) = 8
fstat(8, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1168, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7feb11dbc000
read(8, "\321\362\r\n`\206\367Mc\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\1\0\0\0@\0\0\0s\26\0\0\0d\0"..., 4096) = 1168
fstat(8, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1168, ...}) = 0
read(8, "", 4096)                       = 0
close(8)                                = 0
munmap(0x7feb11dbc000, 4096)            = 0
close(7)                                = 0
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xpopen", 0x7fff402d5280) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xpopen.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xpopenmodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xpopen.py", O_RDONLY) = 7
fstat(7, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=7215, ...}) = 0
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/xpopen.pyc", O_RDONLY) = 8
fstat(8, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=5397, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7feb11dbc000
read(8, "\321\362\r\n`\206\367Mc\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\n\0\0\0@\0\0\0s\254\0\0\0d\0"..., 4096) = 4096
fstat(8, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=5397, ...}) = 0
read(8, "r the I/O pipes.  The file objec"..., 4096) = 1301
read(8, "", 4096)                       = 0
close(8)                                = 0
munmap(0x7feb11dbc000, 4096)            = 0
getrlimit(RLIMIT_NOFILE, {rlim_cur=1024, rlim_max=1024}) = 0
close(7)                                = 0
access("/proc/xen/privcmd", R_OK|W_OK)  = 0
open("/proc/xen/privcmd", O_RDWR)       = 7
fcntl(7, F_GETFD)                       = 0
fcntl(7, F_SETFD, FD_CLOEXEC)           = 0
mlock(0x2b88000, 8192)                  = 0
mlock(0x2b44000, 4096)                  = 0
ioctl(7, SNDCTL_DSP_RESET, 0x7fff402d7300) = -1 ENOSYS (Function not implemented)
munlock(0x2b88000, 8192)                = 0
munlock(0x2b44000, 4096)                = 0
close(7)                                = 0
close(6)                                = 0
close(4)                                = 0
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/sxputils", 0x7fff402dbdd0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/sxputils.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/sxputilsmodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/sxputils.py", O_RDONLY) = 4
fstat(4, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=2260, ...}) = 0
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/util/sxputils.pyc", O_RDONLY) = 6
fstat(6, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1570, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7feb11dbc000
read(6, "\321\362\r\n`\206\367Mc\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\4\0\0\0@\0\0\0s8\0\0\0d\0"..., 4096) = 1570
fstat(6, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1570, ...}) = 0
read(6, "", 4096)                       = 0
close(6)                                = 0
munmap(0x7feb11dbc000, 4096)            = 0
close(4)                                = 0
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/xm/XenAPI", 0x7fff402dbdd0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/xm/XenAPI.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/xm/XenAPImodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/xm/XenAPI.py", O_RDONLY) = 4
fstat(4, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=8555, ...}) = 0
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/xm/XenAPI.pyc", O_RDONLY) = 6
fstat(6, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=7549, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7feb11dbc000
read(6, "\321\362\r\n`\206\367Mc\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\7\0\0\0@\0\0\0s.\1\0\0d\0"..., 4096) = 4096
fstat(6, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=7549, ...}) = 0
read(6, "\1q\273\0\1t\t\0i\n\0d\5\0d\6\0\203\2\0\202\1\0q.\0\1|\5\0Sq"..., 4096) = 3453
read(6, "", 4096)                       = 0
close(6)                                = 0
munmap(0x7feb11dbc000, 4096)            = 0
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/xm/gettext", 0x7fff402d8830) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/xm/gettext.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/xm/gettextmodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/xm/gettext.py", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/xm/gettext.pyc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/sbin/gettext", 0x7fff402d8830) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/sbin/gettext.so", O_RDONLY)  = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/sbin/gettextmodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/sbin/gettext.py", O_RDONLY)  = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/sbin/gettext.pyc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/lib/python2.6/gettext", 0x7fff402d8830) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/python2.6/gettext.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/python2.6/gettextmodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/python2.6/gettext.py", O_RDONLY) = 6
fstat(6, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=19890, ...}) = 0
open("/usr/lib/python2.6/gettext.pyc", O_RDONLY) = 7
fstat(7, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=15626, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7feb11dbc000
read(7, "\321\362\r\nW\313\27Mc\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\23\0\0\0@\0\0\0s\264\1\0\0d\0"..., 4096) = 4096
fstat(7, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=15626, ...}) = 0
read(7, "\0Z\t\0d\7\0\204\0\0Z\n\0d\10\0\204\0\0Z\v\0d\t\0\204\0\0Z\f\0d"..., 8192) = 8192
read(7, "t\4\0t\5\0d\3\0|\0\0\203\3\0\202\1\0n\1\0\1d\0\0}\7\0x\254\0|"..., 4096) = 3338
read(7, "", 4096)                       = 0
close(7)                                = 0
munmap(0x7feb11dbc000, 4096)            = 0
stat("/usr/sbin/locale", 0x7fff402d5290) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/sbin/locale.so", O_RDONLY)   = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/sbin/localemodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/sbin/locale.py", O_RDONLY)   = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/sbin/locale.pyc", O_RDONLY)  = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/lib/python2.6/locale", 0x7fff402d5290) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/python2.6/locale.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/python2.6/localemodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/python2.6/locale.py", O_RDONLY) = 7
fstat(7, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=88483, ...}) = 0
open("/usr/lib/python2.6/locale.pyc", O_RDONLY) = 8
fstat(8, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=49071, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7feb11dbc000
read(8, "\321\362\r\nW\313\27Mc\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\33\0\0\0@\0\0\0sr \0\0d\0"..., 4096) = 4096
fstat(8, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=49071, ...}) = 0
read(8, "6d\367\2d\371\0026d\360\2d\372\0026d\360\2d\373\0026d\360\2d\374\0026d\362\2"..., 40960) = 40960
read(8, "p\4\0\1d\7\0GHHq\350\0Wy\21\0t\4\0t\5\0d\16\0\203\2\0\1Wn"..., 4096) = 4015
read(8, "", 4096)                       = 0
close(8)                                = 0
munmap(0x7feb11dbc000, 4096)            = 0
brk(0x2bdb000)                          = 0x2bdb000
close(7)                                = 0
brk(0x2c1b000)                          = 0x2c1b000
close(6)                                = 0
stat("/usr/share/locale/en_US.ISO8859-1/LC_MESSAGES/xen-xm.mo", 0x7fff402da580) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/share/locale/en_US/LC_MESSAGES/xen-xm.mo", 0x7fff402da580) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/share/locale/en.ISO8859-1/LC_MESSAGES/xen-xm.mo", 0x7fff402da580) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/share/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/xen-xm.mo", 0x7fff402da580) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
close(4)                                = 0
stat("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/xm/inspect", 0x7fff402dbdd0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/xm/inspect.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/xm/inspectmodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/xm/inspect.py", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/xen/xm/inspect.pyc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
rt_sigaction(SIGINT, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7feb11995f60}, {0x4da8c0, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7feb11995f60}, 8) = 0
stat("/etc/xen/xm-config.xml", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1559, ...}) = 0
stat("/usr/lib/python2.6/xml/dom/expatbuilder", 0x7fff402dbbe0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/python2.6/xml/dom/expatbuilder.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/python2.6/xml/dom/expatbuildermodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/python2.6/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", O_RDONLY) = 4
fstat(4, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=36385, ...}) = 0
open("/usr/lib/python2.6/xml/dom/expatbuilder.pyc", O_RDONLY) = 6
fstat(6, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=33244, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7feb11dbc000
read(6, "\321\362\r\nZ\313\27Mc\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\n\0\0\0@\0\0\0s\374\2\0\0d\0"..., 4096) = 4096
fstat(6, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=33244, ...}) = 0
read(6, "\5\0|\3\0|\4\0|\4\0\203\2\0|\5\0|\6\0|\7\0f\4\0S(\4\0\0\0"..., 28672) = 28672
read(6, "\0xml.dom.NodeFilterR\t\0\0\0t\22\0\0\0xml"..., 4096) = 476
read(6, "", 4096)                       = 0
close(6)                                = 0
munmap(0x7feb11dbc000, 4096)            = 0
close(4)                                = 0
open("/etc/xen/xm-config.xml", O_RDONLY) = 4
fstat(4, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1559, ...}) = 0
fstat(4, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1559, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7feb11dbc000
read(4, "<!--\n\nCopyright (C) 2006 XenSour"..., 16384) = 1559
read(4, "", 12288)                      = 0
read(4, "", 16384)                      = 0
close(4)                                = 0
munmap(0x7feb11dbc000, 4096)            = 0
brk(0x2c41000)                          = 0x2c41000
close(3)                                = 0
socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM, 0)         = 3
connect(3, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path="/var/run/xend/xmlrpc.sock"}, 27) = 0
sendto(3, "POST /RPC2 HTTP/1.0\r\nHost: \r\nUse"..., 132, 0, NULL, 0) = 132
sendto(3, "<?xml version='1.0'?>\n<methodCal"..., 231, 0, NULL, 0) = 231
recvfrom(3, "H", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "T", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "T", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "P", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "/", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "1", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ".", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "1", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "2", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "0", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "0", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "O", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "K", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "\r", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "\n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "S", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "r", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "v", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "r", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ":", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "B", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "a", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "s", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "H", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "T", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "T", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "P", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "/", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "0", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ".", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "3", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "P", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "y", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "t", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "h", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "o", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "/", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "2", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ".", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "6", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ".", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "6", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "\r", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "\n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "D", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "a", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "t", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ":", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "T", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "u", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ",", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "1", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "2", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "J", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "u", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "l", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "2", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "0", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "1", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "1", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "0", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "5", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ":", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "4", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "2", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ":", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "1", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "2", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "G", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "M", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "T", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "\r", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "\n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "C", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "o", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "t", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "t", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "-", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "T", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "y", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "p", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ":", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "t", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "x", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "t", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "/", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "x", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "m", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "l", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "\r", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "\n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "C", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "o", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "t", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "t", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "-", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "L", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "g", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "t", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "h", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ":", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "1", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "1", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "4", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "\r", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "\n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "\r", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "\n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "<?xml version='1.0'?>\n<methodRes"..., 1024, 0, NULL, NULL) = 114
recvfrom(3, "", 1024, 0, NULL, NULL)    = 0
close(3)                                = 0
socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM, 0)         = 3
connect(3, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path="/var/run/xend/xmlrpc.sock"}, 27) = 0
sendto(3, "POST /RPC2 HTTP/1.0\r\nHost: \r\nUse"..., 132, 0, NULL, 0) = 132
sendto(3, "<?xml version='1.0'?>\n<methodCal"..., 369, 0, NULL, 0) = 369
recvfrom(3, "H", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "T", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "T", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "P", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "/", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "1", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ".", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "1", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "2", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "0", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "0", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "O", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "K", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "\r", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "\n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "S", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "r", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "v", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "r", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ":", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "B", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "a", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "s", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "H", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "T", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "T", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "P", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "/", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "0", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ".", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "3", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "P", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "y", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "t", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "h", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "o", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "/", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "2", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ".", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "6", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ".", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "6", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "\r", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "\n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "D", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "a", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "t", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ":", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "T", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "u", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ",", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "1", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "2", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "J", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "u", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "l", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "2", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "0", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "1", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "1", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "0", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "5", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ":", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "4", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "2", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ":", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "1", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "2", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "G", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "M", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "T", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "\r", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "\n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "C", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "o", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "t", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "t", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "-", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "T", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "y", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "p", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ":", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "t", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "x", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "t", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "/", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "x", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "m", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "l", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "\r", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "\n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "C", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "o", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "t", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "t", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "-", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "L", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "e", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "g", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "t", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "h", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, ":", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, " ", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "2", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "8", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "1", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)      = 1
recvfrom(3, "\r", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "\n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "\r", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "\n", 1, 0, NULL, NULL)     = 1
recvfrom(3, "<?xml version='1.0'?>\n<methodRes"..., 1024, 0, NULL, NULL) = 281
stat("/usr/lib/python2.6/encodings/ascii", 0x7fff402dca70) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/python2.6/encodings/ascii.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/python2.6/encodings/asciimodule.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/python2.6/encodings/ascii.py", O_RDONLY) = 4
fstat(4, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1248, ...}) = 0
open("/usr/lib/python2.6/encodings/ascii.pyc", O_RDONLY) = 6
fstat(6, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=2261, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7feb11dbc000
read(6, "\321\362\r\nY\313\27Mc\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\4\0\0\0@\0\0\0s\273\0\0\0d\0"..., 4096) = 2261
fstat(6, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=2261, ...}) = 0
read(6, "", 4096)                       = 0
close(6)                                = 0
munmap(0x7feb11dbc000, 4096)            = 0
close(4)                                = 0
recvfrom(3, "", 1024, 0, NULL, NULL)    = 0
write(2, "Error:", 6Error:)                   = 6
write(2, " ", 1 )                        = 1
write(2, "Device 51728 not connected", 26Device 51728 not connected) = 26
write(2, "\n", 1
)                       = 1
fstat(1, {st_mode=S_IFCHR|0600, st_rdev=makedev(136, 2), ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7feb11dbc000
write(1, "Usage: xm block-detach <Domain> "..., 53Usage: xm block-detach <Domain> <DevId> [-f|--force]
) = 53
write(1, "\n", 1
)                       = 1
write(1, "Destroy a domain's virtual block"..., 41Destroy a domain's virtual block device.
) = 41
close(3)                                = 0
close(5)                                = 0
munmap(0x7feb11dbd000, 4096)            = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGINT, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7feb11995f60}, {SIG_DFL, [], SA_RESTORER, 0x7feb11995f60}, 8) = 0
exit_group(1)                           = ?

* Re: xm/xl block-detach issue
@ 2011-07-12  5:47                 ` Sébastien Riccio
From: Sébastien Riccio @ 2011-07-12  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Stodden; +Cc: dmeyer, xen-devel

@ 2011-07-13  8:32                 ` Sébastien Riccio
From: Sébastien Riccio @ 2011-07-13  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel@lists.xensource.com

Hi,

Nobody getting the same issues with xen 4.1.x and xl block-attach/detach
of vhd files ?

As i'm stuck with that, I've tried to give a try with xen-unstable tree.
Seems that
the syntax for block-attach has changed. Anyone has a clue about how to
attach
a vhd file as a block device using xl block-attach ?

also with 4.2-unstable
disk = [ 'tap:vhd:/cloud/data2/machines/vm1.vhd,xvda,w' ]

does not work any more

Parsing config file /cloud/data2/configs/vm1.test.cfg
libxl: error: libxl.c:1102:libxl_device_disk_local_attach: cannot
locally attach a qdisk image if the format is not raw
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:437:do_domain_create: failed to run
bootloader: -3

Thanks,
Sébastien
On 12.07.2011 07:44, Sébastien Riccio wrote:
> More informations coming:
>
> Vhd attached with:
>
> xl block-attach 2 tap:vhd:/cloud/data2/machines/vm2.vhd xvdb w
>
> Strace results of detach attempt with xl block-detach in attached
> file xl_vhd_detach.txt
> (seems to receive an OK but it doesn't detach anything)
>
> Strace results of detach attempt with xm block-detach in attached file
> xm_vhd_detach.txt
> (doesn't seem to know anything about the device existence)
>
> Hope this can help for debugging the things out :)
>
> Cheers,
> Sébastien

* Re: xm/xl block-detach issue
@ 2011-07-13  8:44                 ` Sébastien Riccio
From: Sébastien Riccio @ 2011-07-13  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Hi,

Nobody getting the same issues with xen 4.1.x and xl block-attach/detach
of vhd files ?

As i'm stuck with that, I've tried to give a try with xen-unstable tree.
Seems that
the syntax for block-attach has changed. Anyone has a clue about how to
attach
a vhd file as a block device using xl block-attach ?

also with 4.2-unstable
disk = [ 'tap:vhd:/cloud/data2/machines/vm1.vhd,xvda,w' ]

does not work any more

Parsing config file /cloud/data2/configs/vm1.test.cfg
libxl: error: libxl.c:1102:libxl_device_disk_local_attach: cannot
locally attach a qdisk image if the format is not raw
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:437:do_domain_create: failed to run
bootloader: -3

Thanks,
Sébastien
On 12.07.2011 07:44, Sébastien Riccio wrote:
> More informations coming:
>
> Vhd attached with:
>
> xl block-attach 2 tap:vhd:/cloud/data2/machines/vm2.vhd xvdb w
>
> Strace results of detach attempt with xl block-detach in attached
> file xl_vhd_detach.txt
> (seems to receive an OK but it doesn't detach anything)
>
> Strace results of detach attempt with xm block-detach in attached file
> xm_vhd_detach.txt
> (doesn't seem to know anything about the device existence)
>
> Hope this can help for debugging the things out :)
>
> Cheers,
> Sébastien

* Re: xm/xl block-detach issue
@ 2011-07-29 14:25                   ` Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk @ 2011-07-29 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Riccio; +Cc: xen-devel

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 10:44:27AM +0200, Sébastien Riccio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Nobody getting the same issues with xen 4.1.x and xl
> block-attach/detach of vhd files ?

Hey Sebastien,

I hadn't actually used vhd files so I can't comment on that.

There was bug that was found by Joe Jin (http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2011-07/msg00275.html)
but that is when the disk is mounted - but you don't even get to that.

Is this _only_ happening with vhds? does it appear to exist
with phy's?

> As i'm stuck with that, I've tried to give a try with xen-unstable
> tree. Seems that
> the syntax for block-attach has changed. Anyone has a clue about how
> to attach
> a vhd file as a block device using xl block-attach ?
>
> also with 4.2-unstable
> disk = [ 'tap:vhd:/cloud/data2/machines/vm1.vhd,xvda,w' ]
>
> does not work any more
>
> Parsing config file /cloud/data2/configs/vm1.test.cfg
> libxl: error: libxl.c:1102:libxl_device_disk_local_attach: cannot
> locally attach a qdisk image if the format is not raw
> libxl: error: libxl_create.c:437:do_domain_create: failed to run
> bootloader: -3

That is expected .. the upstream version of QEMU does not have all
the bells and whistles the older versions had.