* TerraTec T6 Dual Tuner Stick initial support available
@ 2011-08-14  7:30 Hans-Frieder Vogt
From: Hans-Frieder Vogt @ 2011-08-14  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hi all,

just wanted to inform you that I got the TerraTec Dual DVB-T Stick working
using a slightly patched driver from Afatech. Please see the wiki entry
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TerraTec_T6_Dual_DVB-T_Stick
Currently both tuners work, but the remote doesn't.

This driver is only supposed to be a temporary solution until I have
integrated the bits into Antti's af9035 driver, see
http://openee.googlecode.com/svn-history/r137/trunk/recipes/v4l-dvb/files/v4l-
dvb-af9035.patch
http://openee.googlecode.com/svn-history/r137/trunk/recipes/v4l-dvb/files/v4l-
dvb-af9033.patch

Regards,
Hans-Frieder

Hans-Frieder Vogt                       e-mail: hfvogt <at> gmx .dot. net

* Re: TerraTec T6 Dual Tuner Stick initial support available
@ 2011-08-14 11:26 ` Antti Palosaari
From: Antti Palosaari @ 2011-08-14 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans-Frieder Vogt; +Cc: linux-media

On 08/14/2011 10:30 AM, Hans-Frieder Vogt wrote:
> just wanted to inform you that I got the TerraTec Dual DVB-T Stick working
> using a slightly patched driver from Afatech. Please see the wiki entry
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TerraTec_T6_Dual_DVB-T_Stick
> Currently both tuners work, but the remote doesn't.
>
> This driver is only supposed to be a temporary solution until I have
> integrated the bits into Antti's af9035 driver, see
> http://openee.googlecode.com/svn-history/r137/trunk/recipes/v4l-dvb/files/v4l-
> dvb-af9035.patch
> http://openee.googlecode.com/svn-history/r137/trunk/recipes/v4l-dvb/files/v4l-
> dvb-af9033.patch

Situation of my AF9035 & AF9033 driver is and have been years totally
frozen, I given it up since I never got permission from ITE to push it
Kernel and firmware distribution. Thus I left it. I have had in mind to
write out all vendor code (not much code I think) to get rid of
copyrights and do what I want - but never had enough time.

Due to that I am not going to work my AF9035 + AF9033 unless something
changes dramatically at least now when there is other drivers.

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/

* Re: TerraTec T6 Dual Tuner Stick initial support available
@ 2011-08-14 13:19   ` Malcolm Priestley
From: Malcolm Priestley @ 2011-08-14 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antti Palosaari; +Cc: Hans-Frieder Vogt, linux-media

On Sun, 2011-08-14 at 14:26 +0300, Antti Palosaari wrote:
> On 08/14/2011 10:30 AM, Hans-Frieder Vogt wrote:
> > just wanted to inform you that I got the TerraTec Dual DVB-T Stick working
> > using a slightly patched driver from Afatech. Please see the wiki entry
> > http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TerraTec_T6_Dual_DVB-T_Stick
> > Currently both tuners work, but the remote doesn't.
> >
> > This driver is only supposed to be a temporary solution until I have
> > integrated the bits into Antti's af9035 driver, see
> > http://openee.googlecode.com/svn-history/r137/trunk/recipes/v4l-dvb/files/v4l-
> > dvb-af9035.patch
> > http://openee.googlecode.com/svn-history/r137/trunk/recipes/v4l-dvb/files/v4l-
> > dvb-af9033.patch
>
> Situation of my AF9035 & AF9033 driver is and have been years totally
> frozen, I given it up since I never got permission from ITE to push it
> Kernel and firmware distribution. Thus I left it. I have had in mind to
> write out all vendor code (not much code I think) to get rid of
> copyrights and do what I want - but never had enough time.
>
> Due to that I am not going to work my AF9035 + AF9033 unless something
> changes dramatically at least now when there is other drivers.
The situation has not got any better by ITE submitting a clearly Windows
patched driver earlier this month, which does not work in dual mode, at
least with IT9137 it doesn't.

I wrote a driver for the IT9137, but have lost interest to develop it
any further.

Regards

Malcolm