Am Freitag, den 02.09.2011, 14:19 +0100 schrieb Richard Purdie: > On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 10:05 -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote: > > On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 08:25, Paul Menzel wrote: > > > it would be great if we could join the lists oe-devel and oe-core again. > > > As far as I know the only reason the list oe-core was created was to > > > discuss the initial setup and the creation of oe-core. Now that it has > > > been setup I do not see any reason to have two separate lists. > > > > > > I suggest to abandon/archive openembedded-core and use > > > openembedded-devel. > > > > I fully support this merge. > > I'm not so sure rushing into this is a great idea. I interpret your answer that the merge is planned. What is the right time then? > Speaking as someone who has problems trying to figure out where > patches are intended for Also now you have to decide to what list to send them to. Now you just add a prefix/tag as is done on oe-devel already to differentiate between oe.dev and meta-oe. > and who tracks whether they've been applied, Well, the list is not a patch tracker. The patch queue is [1]. > I do find the split useful... Hmm, could you please elaborate? Thanks, Paul [1] http://patches.openembedded.org/