From: "Anders Montonen" <Anders.Montonen@iki.fi>
To: yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [yocto] cc1 binary in final rootfs even when no reference to it
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2021 20:02:46 +0200	[thread overview]

On 4.3.2021 2.06, Khem Raj wrote:
> On 3/3/21 11:29 AM, Belisko Marek wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 6:31 PM Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> this file comes from cpp output package. Can you check if somehow cpp
>>> is being pulled into your image
>> It turns out that cpp + cpp-symlinks is pulled by python3-pycparser.
>> It is really necessary to be as runtime dependency in recipe?
> it a parser for C language written in python, so my initial thoughts
> will be no. but there might be some dependencies on cpp, you might
> have to dive a bit deeper.

I've run into this, and from memory cpp is needed if you intend to run
the parser, but since the dependency is added through
RDEPENDS_${PN}_class-target it gets installed even if you're only
running the parser on the host. I ended up removing the target
dependency due to license conflicts, and didn't encounter any problems.

-anders