* Yocto Project Status WW15`21
@ 2021-04-13 14:41 Stephen Jolley
From: Stephen Jolley @ 2021-04-13 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, openembedded-core

Current Dev Position: YP 3.3 M4 (Feature Freeze)

Next Deadline: 5th April 2021 YP 3.3 M4 build

Next Team Meetings:

*	Bug Triage meeting Thursday Apr. 15th at 7:30am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09>
https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09)
*	Monthly Project Meeting Tuesday May 4th at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09>
https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> )
*	Weekly Engineering Sync Tuesday Apr. 13th at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09>
https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> )
*	Twitch -  See https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester

Key Status/Updates:

*	YP 3.3 rc2 has a clean bill of health from QA so pending TSC
approval and release notes/migration guide, it's looking likely to release.
rc1 was abandoned due to a couple of intermittent autobuilder issues
accounted on the first build.
*	YP 3.1.7 is being built today
*	There are a number of pending patches queued in master-next waiting
for 3.4 to open for development.
*	We do have some development series undergoing review now such as the
PRServ rework and changes to the git fetcher to make it more efficient.
*	Intermittent autobuilder issues continue to occur and are now at a
record high level. You  can see the list of failures we're continuing to see
by searching for the "AB-INT" tag in bugzilla:
<https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT>
https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT

We are working to identify the load pattern on the infrastructure that seems
to trigger these.

Ways to contribute:

*	There are bugs identified as possible for newcomers to the project:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers
*	There are bugs that are currently unassigned for YP 3.3. See:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.3_Unassigned_Enha
ncements.2FBugs>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.3_Unassigned_Enhan
cements.2FBugs
*	We'd welcome new maintainers for recipes in OE-Core. Please see the
list at:
<http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/mai
ntainers.inc>
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/main
tainers.inc and discuss with the existing maintainer, or ask on the OE-Core
mailing list. We will likely move a chunk of these to "Unassigned" soon to
help facilitate this.

YP 3.3 Milestone Dates:

*	YP 3.3 M4 is out of QA.

YP 3.4 Milestone Dates:

*	YP 3.4 M1 build date 2021/06/07
*	YP 3.4 M1 Release date 2021/06/18
*	YP 3.4 M2 build date 2021/07/12
*	YP 3.4 M2 Release date 2021/07/23
*	YP 3.4 M3 build date 2021/08/23
*	YP 3.4 M3 Release date 2021/09/03
*	YP 3.4 M4 build date 2021/10/04
*	YP 3.4 M4 Release date 2021/10/29

Planned upcoming dot releases:

*	YP 3.1.7 is being built.
*	YP 3.1.7 release date 2021/04/09
*	YP 3.2.4 build date 2021/05/3
*	YP 3.2.4 release date 2021/05/14
*	YP 3.1.8 build date 2021/05/17
*	YP 3.1.8 release date 2021/05/28
*	YP 3.3.1 build date 2021/05/24
*	YP 3.3.1 release date 2021/06/04
*	YP 3.1.9 build date 2021/06/21
*	YP 3.1.9 release date 2021/07/02
*	YP 3.1.10 build date 2021/07/26
*	YP 3.1.10 release date 2021/08/06
*	YP 3.3.2 build date 2021/08/09
*	YP 3.3.2 release date 2021/08/20
*	YP 3.1.11 build date 2021/09/13
*	YP 3.1.11 release date 2021/9/24

Tracking Metrics:

*	WDD 2737 (last week 2744) (
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
*	OE-Core/Poky Patch Metrics

*	Total patches found: 1318 (last week 1318)
*	Patches in the Pending State: 493 (37%) [last week 493 (37%)]

The Yocto Project's technical governance is through its Technical Steering
Committee, more information is available at:

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Program Manager

*    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:              sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com>