On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 10:13 +0000, Jeremy Morton wrote: > Right, so I guess I'm saying that the default value for push.default > should be upstream instead of matching... Any default is going to leave some people unhappy. If upstream is the right thing for you, then that's what you should use. Most questions I see about push not doing what the users expect would actually benefit from 'current'. 'matching' is a fairly safe default, as it won't try to push private branches or changes in private branches that track something upstream. cmn