From: Fantu <fantonifabio@tiscali.it>
To: xen-devel@lists.xensource.com
Subject: Re: Signed GPLPV drivers available for download
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 23:08:29 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote

> On 26/03/2012 19:57, Fantu wrote:
>> Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote
>>> Hi,
>>> for inclusion in Univention Corporate Server - a Linux distribution
>>> based
>>> on
>>> Debian targeted towards enterprise environments, which also includes Xen
>>> for
>>> virtualisation - we're now building/signing the excellent GPLPV drivers
>>> written by James Harper with a Software Publishers Certificate obtained
>>> from
>>> GlobalSign. [1]
>>>
>>> This allows installation of the GPLPV drivers on 64 bit Windows without
>>> the
>>> need to enable the test mode.
>>>
>>> The drivers are available from
>>> http://apt.univention.de/download/addons/gplpv-
>>> drivers/ and should be compatible with any Xen installation.
>>>
>>> The installation is detailed in
>>> http://wiki.univention.de/index.php?title=Installing-signed-GPLPV-drivers
>>>
>>> So far only new installation of the GPLPV drivers have been tested. We
>>> welcome
>>> general feedback and experiences with upgrades from test-signed versions
>>> of
>>> GPLPV.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Moritz
>>>
>>> Footnotes:
>>> [1] We're well aware of the recent claims of a potential compromise of
>>> that
>>> CA, but as of today this is still under investigation:
>>> http://www.globalsign.com/company/press/090611-security-response.html
>>> --
>>> Moritz Mühlenhoff                         muehlenhoff@
>>> Open Source Software Engineer and Consultant
>>> Univention GmbH  Linux for Your Business     fon: +49 421 22 232- 0
>>> Mary-Somerville-Str.1  28359 Bremen          fax: +49 421 22 232-99
>>> http://www.univention.de

>> A new build version (357)  of GPLPV is available, do you plan to sign
>> that
>> too?
>> Thanks for any reply.
>>
>> --
>
> Don't have any Xen GPLPV drivers for Windows 8 Consumer Preview and
> Windows 7?
>
> --
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
> Singapore

For windows 7 there are already, the "vista" build, I tested and know
working build version 238 and 308 on windows 7 pro 64 bit mainly systems on
dom0 Squeeze with kernel pvops and xen 4.0.x.
The only problem found for now is shutdown monitor service not installed on
some cause unknown.
About windows 8 not tested for now.
Sorry for bad english.