On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 22:54 +0200, Jean-Christophe DUBOIS wrote: > As per load_xattr_datum() comment: > rc < 0 : recoverable error, try again > rc = 0 : success > rc > 0 : Unrecoverable error, this node should be deleted. > > For now we were only returning negative number (so recoverable error). > But a CRC failure or some inconsitent data seems fatal enough to > consider the attribute instance (version) as lost. > > So this patch returns a positive number (1) when it detects an > unrecoverable error. > > Signed-off-by: Jean-Christophe DUBOIS Looks sensible. But since I did not take your previous patch, you might want to check whether this patch is really independent. Also, please, tell whether this fixes a real-life bug or you are fixing a complaint of a static analysis tools or something like this? And please, tell how you tested it. Thanks! -- Best Regards, Artem Bityutskiy