On Mon, 2012-04-30 at 22:54 +0200, Jean-Christophe DUBOIS wrote: > On 29/04/2012 17:44, Artem Bityutskiy wrote: > > On Thu, 2012-04-26 at 23:09 +0200, Jean-Christophe DUBOIS wrote: > >> Is this convincing enough? > > Sure, thanks. > > > >> You might think that the attibute corruption I am showing here is very > >> artificial but I can assure you that it does happen in the wild when you > >> get a power cut on your equipment while the GC was moving an attribute > >> node for example. > > This issue is for sure worth fixing. > So, will you accept this patch? No, I meant that I agree that there is an issue, but I think that it should be solved for all node types the same way. So I suggest to look at what happens when data nodes are corrupted, how JFFS2 picks the older node (if it does) and do it similarly for xattrs. -- Best Regards, Artem Bityutskiy