On Wed, 2012-05-02 at 12:32 -0700, Brian Norris wrote: > > And how might you recommend we use kmalloc()'ed memory, Artem? We > can't really kmalloc() whole eraseblock-sized chunks. Or is there an > inexpensive way of providing an intermediary kmalloc'ed buffer? I'm > not too familiar at hacking at UBI(FS), but it might be worth a shot > sometime, if you think it's reasonable. This would need to change several places in UBI and UBIFS and switch from continuous vmalloc buffers to iterating over an array of smaller buffers. I was thinking about this in the past but this is rather big project (a months or a couple I'd say) so I did not have time to do this. I think we basically need to switch to flexible arrays (Documentation/flexible-arrays.txt), but last time I looked at this I remember I decided that flexible arrays functionality would need to be extended for our purposes. If someone seriously is going to do this work, I am happy to discuss. -- Best Regards, Artem Bityutskiy