On Thu, 2012-05-17 at 16:40 +0800, Xiao Jiang wrote: > Ben Hutchings wrote: > > On Wed, 2012-05-16 at 16:01 +0800, jgq516@gmail.com wrote: > > > >> From: Xiao Jiang > >> > >> commit c26134 introduced FLAG_POINTTOPOINT flag for USB ethernet devices > >> which possibly use "usb%d" names, add this flag to make sure pandaboard > >> can mount nfs with smsc95xx NIC. > >> > > > > These are normal Ethernet interfaces, whereas FLAG_POINTTOPOINT is for > > devices that use non-standard short physical links. > > > > > This flag is used by some usb NICs, I amn't familiar with those cards > perhaps those are > non-standard short physical links as you said. > But smsc95xx seems need this flag to use "usb%d" name, But this is a regular Ethernet interface and should be named accordingly. > at least my > pandaboard can't > mount nfs with eth0 name, is there other ways to avoid nfs issue with > keep smsc95xx's > name unchange? thanks. [...] I don't know what this NFS issue is, but I don't see how this can be the correct solution. Ben. -- Ben Hutchings Every program is either trivial or else contains at least one bug