On Thu, 2012-06-28 at 18:43 +0530, Jassi Brar wrote: > A quick reaction of my guts say, we simply enable 5V/HPD_IRQ during > probe and disable during remove. > HDMI enable/disable via /sysfs/ and HPD (de)assertion, switch only > HDMI_PHY on/off. > The user selecting "Autodetect and Configure" option would then equate > to "(un)loading" of the HDMI driver. > Not to mean a trivial job. One more thing I realized while thinking about this: While it could be argued that the power draw from having the tpd12s015 always enabled is very small, I think it could matter. If you consider a phone with HDMI output, it's likely that the phone is locked 99% of the time. When the phone is locked, there's no need to keep the HDMI HPD enabled. So this could add to a considerable amount of power wasted, if the HPD was always enabled. At least I can't figure out a reason why one would want the HPD to work when the phone is locked. Also, I have never used the HDMI output on my phone, so I'd be glad if it was totally powered off if it gave me more standby hours =). Tomi