On Sat, 2012-09-22 at 23:34 -0500, Ian Pilcher wrote: > On 09/12/2012 08:44 PM, Dave Airlie wrote: > > Ajax, I think Ian still has an open request on how to proceed with the > > infoframes quirk nightmare. > > Indeed. I'm sorry, I thought I was clearer. Daniel posted a patch to fix the Intel driver for this: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2012-August/020046.html Which I didn't entirely ack, but which is essentially right. That's what we should do; and having done so, if I understand things correctly, there's no need for any quirks here at all. Is there something I'm missing? But also: > > * Leave both flags, because both are accurate. The display is confused > > by any InfoFrames (audio or AVI), and it is reporting non-existent > > audio capabilities. The fact that the combination of the two flags > > makes the display work with Intel GPUs is a happy/sad/neutral > > accident, and the driver's behavior is still considered broken. I haven't actually seen the EDID block for this display, I don't believe, so I'm not sure whether the "non-existent" part of this is even accurate, or whether we're just parsing things incorrectly. There's a reason I keep a standalone parser around. - ajax